Chapter 28

Rey leads the way, walking ahead, his suit dripping blood through Swendula. Zarcar and Lixar had put on pants. My Warlord had thrown a long coat over my naked body, growling at me to keep it closed whilst we were in the foggy streets.

While the city in the dead of night was quiet, the walk was peaceful enough. With the Immortal King strolling ahead silently in the shadows, Zarcar and Lixar were behind my shoulders, avoiding speech and only awaiting the final destination.

I was prancing forward, while I was unsure of tonight's consequences, I did know that if men were as desperate for a fuck as Zarcar – then surely tonight would be easily led... by me!

All I had to do was bow down and worship their cocks and they'd think I was their little sex angel. Ahem. Their sex demoness. Heh. It wasn't hard. It was fun. It was easy. It was naturally within my soul to manipulate them in this way.

My Draconess was purring all kinds of ideas through my mischievous mind. Things I could whisper to them and many ways I could tease them with my touch. But most of all, one powerful emotion flooding through me was one of authority.

Yet, the paradox was how I could win in the face of my captors. Which was simple, I had to submit to their selfish lust and cravings.

So, that is what I was going to do tonight.

At the Red Castle.

The fog clears unnaturally ahead, as Rey glides towards his new residence in Swendula. Zarcar leans into my side at that moment that the Red Castle is in view, whispering sweet nothings, which hide a strong spell, "The night is as sweet as the slow breath between your teeth... sleep... Chyronex... sleep..."

I can't stop it in time. I close my eyes briefly and I gulp as my own power rushes to meet his, to fight off the stealthy curse. My own Draconess magic almost blocks out the raw power behind Zar's words, but Lix dives into my other ear, growling, "...sleep before you weep, Chyronex. Sleep, little birdy. Sleep."

The force of two Mystifyers cancel out my defences.

As I slow to a stop, I feel woozy, my hand landing on my Warlord's arm ... I glance to see Rey turn from right ahead. Our King tilts his head in that never ending fall... as if he's soul is consistently falling... down... down... to the underworld... hellfire... hellfire...

It's the last word I wisely think that hits me out of this realm, and into a heavy sleep as I crash into Zarcar's chest. He catches me as I fall with the weight of their combined and powerful magic, crashing down upon my slight shoulders and forcing me into darkness.

****

Hellfire.

What an interesting magic. It wasn't a small flame but a raging, burning incineration that obliterated entire cities to the ground within seconds. I could see the past, or maybe it was the future, playing out in my mind. Castles crashing down as their foundations cracked from the hellfire itself. Any wood changed to ash within seconds. The souls of the living curled up and died in painful agony, not even from suffocation, but from the quick burn. Monstrous, wrinkled demons with horns, three eyes and teeth lined with multiple fangs, also died, but as embers that sunk into the earth. Below the earth. Wars were fought with it. Wars ended with it. I wasn't sure if anyone won by hellfire. Who was the real victor? If any?

My mind twists its way back into consciousness at that moment.

Water flows across my naked skin. Wrapping around me and holding me firmly in a bubbling hot bath of some kind. I feel chains, thin like jewellery, wrapped around my limbs, my neck, my stomach, my feet, my ankles.... my ears... everywhere... as if the chain held the jewel and I was it at the centre.