Chapter 27

When Zarcar and I reach my bedchamber from the rooftop, we pass through the door to see Lixar already reclining in my bath.

"Excuse me?" I storm past my Warlord and grab the edge of the tub, glaring at a relaxed Lix, who's leaning against the ceramic, arms up on the rims, one eye shut while the other is lazily watching my protest, "This is my room and my bath, get out this instant!"

"After you're spoiled between your pretty little legs, you should bathe, not before," Lix waves me off, sighing as he closes his eye, "How shall we punish Chyronex, dear cousin?"

Zarcar slides up behind me, his hands find their way to my shoulders, pressing down and seemingly massaging me as he thinks.

"A Queen needs to be taught propriety. No shoes and blackened feet are one thing... perhaps she should learn to wear shoes by bathing my feet with her tongue while naked and supplicating herself to her Keeper," Zarcar hums and huhs while I stiffen my spine and glare at both of them, first at Lix's smirk as he remains in the water with closed eyes... and then Zarcar, who watches me with an eager expression.

"Or," I whisper, "I shall fly out this window as my Draconess and teach you both a lesson in submission, in my Venatores, you will obey me! I am in charge. You are simply just my Keeper, Zar, a protector, a guard... and Lix teaches me skills in war, a mere director and advisor as far as I'm concerned... I don't see how punishment and submission for I, is necessary. Bare feet? Get used to it."

"Oh, shush. Of course, punishment is necessary when it comes to silly little girls like you," Lix snaps his hazel eyes open and flicks water in my face, "You're a cheeky priestess, you're barely a Draconess, you've shifted once –" as Lix is insulting me, I murmur a spell with the moon light and the water from the bath starts to boil within seconds.

As Lix promptly shuts up and yelps out, leaping stark naked out of the water, Zarcar slaps a hand over my mouth and swings me towards the bed while my arms flail and I pound my fists on his arms.

"No magic!" Zarcar snarls as he walks me forward, leans into me and presses my face down into the sheets, keeping his palm on the back of my skull, while growling, "I'm warning you, Chyronex. We will continue this in the dungeons if you do not behave."

"Two can play at that game, witch," Lix laughs while he whines in pain, hopping to the window and leaning on the sill while the wind cools him off, his skin red and bright... he murmurs, "Her thoughts, Zar, are centred around selfish little musings. When she is not thinking of eating a berry, picking a daisy, or reading a book, she is wishing that she's shown a great deal of attention... an attention slut... to be honest... I am not surprised... she is a very typical demoness. One of her fantasies, I've picked up on while she was in a fever, is being fucked at random, in public... tortured in dungeons... pounded to dust all night... sucking cock right down her tiny little throat and–"

"Stop it! Shut up! How dare you expose my mind! I will curse you, Lix!" I struggle back against Zarcar, who simply holds my head down firmer, whacks up my dress with his free hand and smacks my bare ass.

"Contain yourself, sweetheart," Zarcar snarls from above.

"I will not!" I close my eyes as Lix's tone, taunting under his breath while coming further towards me... suddenly drowns out as a rushing power surges through my soul, my voice merging with the demoness as I murmur, "I will not submit to your insolent, disrespectful words, I am the Queen–"

I feel something flick against my head and Zarcar murmurs a thank you as he takes a piece of... rope... and loops it around my neck.

As his loop is quickly secured, my insides stop churning and my magic quietens.