"it sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." deaton told stiles.

stiles explained how he had a dream and in that dream, everyone was speaking sign language.

"well, how do i tell my subconscious to use a language that i actually know?" stiles asked.

"do you remember what the sign language looked like? the placement and movement of the hands?" deaton asked.

"you know sign language?" scott asked him.

"i know a little." deaton said.

"let me give it a shot." deaton said looking over at stiles.

"okay, the first one was like this." stiles said.

he put both his index fingers together and spun one on top of the other.

"that's when." deaton said.

"and there's was this, twice." stiles said putting both his hands together and moving one backwards.

"that's door." marcie said.

"what? i learned sign language." marcie said when she noticed they were looking at her.

stiles was amazed by his girlfriend. she was one of the smartest people he knew.

"and this in between it." stiles said moving his thumb to his chin.

"that's it?" deaton asked.

"yeah." stiles replied.

"when is a door not a door?" deaton said.

"when is a door not a door?" stiles asked.

"when it's ajar." scott and marcie said.

"you're kidding me. a riddle? my subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?" stiles asked.

"not necessarily. when the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of superconsciousness... you essentially opened a door in your minds." deaton explained.

"so what does that mean? the doors still open?" scott asked.

"ajar." deaton said.

"a door into our minds?" stiles asked seeming scared.

"i did tell you it was risky." deaton told them.

"what do we do about it?" scott asked.

"well, that's difficult to answer." deaton said with an odd look on his face.

"oh, no, wait a sec, i know that look. that's the we know exactly what's wrong with you, but we have no idea how to fix it look." stiles said.

"one thing i do know is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good. you each need to close that door. and you need to do it as soon as possible." deaton told them.

when they were leaving, they saw stiles' dad pull up and get out of his car.

"dad, what are you doing here?" stiles asked.