XXXXI

5 weeks ago

Raen's PoV

"Mal wait a second-! What's-"

"Leave me alone." Malakei says with only slight slurring as he moves his arm from around Keylin and pushes forward on his own.

"Hey." Keylin exclaims in worry as he reaches for his arm when Malakei almost trips over a jutted out piece of cobble.

"Let us help you back to your-"

I watch as Malakei turns around and grabs Keylin's arms tightly making me grit my teeth as he looks at him angrily and bitterly. My hands begin to ball at my side but I clench them tightly as I move closer.

"I don't want anything from you! I'm fine ok?! So just leave me-"

"You're not fucking fine Malakei! We can all see it, even you! Why can't you realise we're worried about you? We're here for you. I'm here for you so just talk to me-I'm here!" Keylin suddenly shouts at him and I could see that Keylin was really worried by Malakei's actions. This made me frown.

Malakei blinks at that in surprise and Keylin brings his hands up to his arms and holds them, looking at him with worry.

"You can talk to me. Whatever it is, I promise I'll do my best to help." Keylin states seriously and Malakei's gaze was far off for a moment as if he were thinking and I tilt my head at this in confusion.

Just like that, the look was gone and Keylin's words grounded him, his gaze became distant and cold once again.

"I said to leave me alone didn't I?" He questions with a hard gaze and I watch Keylin blank at this. Looking at him in confusion.

"I-"

"So fuck off."

He pushes Keylin away from him and I watch as he staggers. I quickly catch him from behind, resting a reassuring hand to the middle of his back and I notice him flinch slightly in pain when I touched him. I glare at Malakei.

I could see a glimpse of regret and sadness before he swallows and turns around to leave.

Keylin suddenly comes away from me and glares at Malakei's back.

"Why are you treating me like this? Did I do something wrong? If I did something, please tell me so that I can fix it! Don't just walk away from me dammit!"

Malakei stops at that and I could see his shoulders tense and un-tense.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong." He breathes out in frustration before looking over his shoulder, his face set hard as his next words cause a shiver and I knew that Keylin was hurt by.

"Don't follow me. The last thing I want is to talk to you. Sorry for ruining your night." He says bitterly before staggering off.

There's a moment of silence and I look at Keylin, noticing the angry and confused look on his features but mostly hurt and my eyes soften at this.

"Keylin." I call but he doesn't look at me. I bring my thumb under his eye and wipe a tear that had managed to slip from his eye. Not realising this, I watch as he brings up a hand and angrily wipe them away before taking a breath and walking forward.

I place a hand on his shoulder stopping his actions and it's then that he turns to me. Watching as his frustration and anger turns on me while I look down at him with a neutral expression.

"He's a sloppy drunk. I need to make sure he doesn't get into any more trouble-"

"I think you need to give him some space. He will come around-"