XXXIX

I stood with Bow as we watched Drago screech into the air before descending to the ground, Anya smiling a bright smile as she waves on at Bow and I. Her baby nestled closely to her chest.

"I can't believe she's here." Bow says from beside me with a smile and I nod at him smiling before turning back to Anya now getting help down from the dragon.

It's been two weeks since that night. Two weeks since Malakei and I almost froze to death in the night, since then; the ice was beginning to thaw as it made way for spring and new growth of the forest.

It's been two weeks since Malakei and I spoke.

After that night, I went home. Not to my tent but back to Bow and Maika's house. I knew I would always have a home there and they welcomed me with open arms.

Bow had tried to quiz out of me what had happened, if Malakei had done something but I refused to tell him anything. Easing his mind by telling him that it was just a disagreement and we would make up soon.

That was two weeks ago.

Malakei and I haven't continued our training either like we used to. All communication between us stopped after that night and after the second night, I started to feel guilty. After a week, I wanted to apologise and I spotted him helping some other Dry Landers with chopping firewood. When he saw me, he gritted his teeth and stopped. I brought my hand up to wave but as I got half way, he turned his back to me and continued chopping. It was enough for me not to approach him.

After what I said to him, I could understand how hurt he must feel and how awful my words were. I was always hurtful with my words, it was who I was but I didn't think it would affect him to this extent. I hoped by giving him more time that he would realise that it wasn't worth all of this fighting with one another and we would make up.

As that week turned into another week, I was beginning to lose hope and I could feel the walls beginning to go up around my heart with every day that passed.

"Bow." Anya says in excitement as she rushes with her child to my brother and Bow runs the rest of the distance, stopping to look down at his child, his little girl with tears in his eyes.

"Bow.." Anya cries happily as she holds her baby, looking down at her with love.

"Meet your daughter, Christa."

Bow held in his tears as he looked at his daughter for the first time, noticing how her dark complexion was a contrast to her crystal clear eyes and I held in my gasp at that.

"Christa.." He trails as Anya hands her to Bow who takes her in his arms greatly as he looks down at her.

"A girl." He says slightly louder before looking up at the on looking Dry Landers.

"It's a girl!" He shouts and they cheer and clap happily as the baby Christa stirred in his arms. I clapped with a smile, not realising Anya had moved closer to me before all of a sudden she's enveloping me in a tight hug as she chuckles.

"Oh I missed you!" She giggles as I hug her back, burying my face in her neck.

"What's wrong?" She questions worriedly, sensing something was up as I move back giving her a forced smile. I bite my lip and shake my head.

"I'll tell you later." I sigh as I turn to my brother, smiling at his eyes for his daughter.

It was later in the evening now and Anya, Bow and I were all celebrating the birth of Christa. Now having a good time and catching up with Anya throughout the whole night, never leaving her once and I couldn't help but be happy for my brother. He deserved happiness, for all I've put him through at least.