XXVII

Warning: what you've all been waiting for😜

My feet drag along the floor as I struggle to walk forward, my body aching in every way possible as I so much as breath. I wanted nothing more than to sleep off my pain but I was starving.

I glance around the dining room and let my eyes travel until I spot familiar faces sitting, eating and talking near the far end of the dining hall. I drag my body and make my way over to them before I'm falling into the unoccupied seat beside Malakei, moving my arms up to rest on the table with a wince. Bow whistles from in front of me.

"What in the world did you say to Raen?"

Bow questions with a raised brow right as my head lowers to rest on the table. I lift my head to glare at him and manage a grunt in reply, allowing my head to fall back to its resting place on the table. Tara chuckles from beside Anya and Mila while Malakei stiffens beside me.

"He hurt you this bad?" Malakei questions down at me with frowning worry as he brings a hand up to rest on my shoulder. They tense under his fingers and I can practically feel it pulsing.

"Food." I moan up at him and his eyes widen before blinking in shock.

"Here you go!" Bow slides a metal plate filled with bread, fruits and chicken. My hand immediately reaches for the chicken and begin to eat. As soon as I'm halfway finished the chicken I close my eyes and let my head fall back to look up at the ceiling.

"Thank you. I owe you my life."

Tara and the girls chuckle while Bow rolls his eyes. Malakei only looks at me silently.

"Quit the dramatics Keylin. What have you been doing?" Bow questions as he pulls at the piece of bread on my plate before putting it in his mouth. Ignoring my glare all the while Malakei studies me as if something were different about me. He's not completely wrong.

I had managed to gain back a ton of weight in the past few days ever since Luke helped improve my appetite. Maybe that's what is throwing Malakei off. I don't look like a walking skeleton anymore.

"You guys have probably heard about Luke..?" I question after finishing the chicken and looking up at them with worry and hope. I watch as they share a mutual look with one another and Bow clears his throat.

"The psycho spirit that possessed Raen and almost smothered you in front of me? Yeah I heard about him." Bow wipes his hands before narrowing his eyes at me and my ears flatten instinctively.

"Did you also hear about him uhm..." I trail off in silence before letting out a sigh and turning my head for Bow to look at the bite mark on the side of my neck.

"How he marked you and now you both are bonded spirits?" Bow's eye twitches as he smiles at me.

"Oh I heard. With no help from you of course."

"I'm sorry Key.." Malakei sighs and I turn to look at him. Guilt written all over his face. He looks down at his half empty plate avoiding my eyes for the first time and I watch as he wraps a bruised arm over his stomach.

"Hold on." I chuckle as I turn to Bow who raised a brow at me and I tilt my head at him. The smile not leaving my lips but I could feel my eye beginning to twitch.