049

— 🐻 —

🐻

49. VIDEO CALL
ビデオ通話

PLACING HER RED velvet latte on her desk, lia dumped her bag on the bed and pulled off her coat. she quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and grabbing her latte, made herself comfortable on her bed.

wrapping an afghan around her shoulders, she opened her laptop and pushed down on the power button. she took a sip of her drink, humming in satisfaction at the sweetness of the caffeine drink.

quickly typing in her password, she smiled as the screen lit up with her wallpaper. she took another sip of her latte, her brows arched slightly when a video call request popped up on the screen. excitedly pressing the accept button, she beamed when the faces of her best friends showed up.

"hey, guys!" she waved enthusiastically. everyone replied with their own happy greeting. "where are you off to, cat?" her gaze focused on her friend who had a thick coat on and was weaving her way through the cold busy streets of manhattan.

"i want to get this brown corduroy jacket i saw the other day for apollo. i think it would look really good on him." the blonde replied with a smile. "is his birthday coming up?" kash tilted her head in curiosity. "nope, his birthday is in february."

hodan's left brow arched higher on her face. "so this is a just 'cause present?" her voice was laced with a hint of disbelief. "pretty much, yeah." cathryn's hair bounced underneath the black baseball cap she had on. "how come i never get just 'cause presents?" lia pouted. "just 'cause." cathryn shrugged.

hodan snorted loudly and kash snickered at the reply. lia flipped them off. "i just remembered i hate you guys." she scowled. "we love you too." cathryn and kash answered the same time hodan let out another snort. "as if you could ever."

"how's school so far?" kash asked, switching the subject. a chorus of groans was the reply she got almost instantly. "the competition is real. my wrist aches from how much drawing i've had to do to improve. i cannot wait to be back home for christmas." lia brushed her fingers through her hair. "tell me about it. have i told you guys about the godforsaken ignorant douchebag in my class?" hodan pulled the pins out of her scarf aggressively.

"every time you talk about him, i want to stab a bitch." cathryn let out an unladylike grunt. "speaking of stabbing bitches, turns my class is a budding snake pit. i can't wait to be home again, away from all the toxicity."

"what about you, kay? how's boston?" lia looked at her friend who was sitting at her desk and scribbling in what looked to be a journal. "it's good for the most part. but my research writing professor is the spawn of satan. i've been working on this one project for weeks now because it's 'just not good enough' but i think he just enjoys torturing me." she rolled her eyes.