026

— 🐻 —

🐻

26. BALLET
バレエ

THE LARGE WHITE painted house loomed ahead of lia and jungkook as they stopped walking. looking away from it, she turned to him. "thanks for accompanying me here. you really didn't have to."

"i know." he smiled. "but you wanted to?" she chimed and he laughed. "yeah, i did." he nodded. "how very–" she started. "cliché?" he grinned, making her smile. "yeah," she ran a hand through her hair. his eyes briefly followed her action. "look at us, already finishing–"

"each other's sentences." she snapped her fingers and pointed at him playfully. shutting his eyes, he let out a soft, breathy chuckle. "but did you have to come so early? it's not even seven am yet." he glanced at the house ahead.

"ah, cat doesn't want her parents to see me coming. apparently, they think i slept over too." she explained. "oh," his mouth rounded in understanding. "well, go in." he gestured. she smiled, nodding. he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, tilting his head towards the house.

"bye, cheesecake." she waved, backing away from him. "bye, yaya. see you around." he waved back. the front door opened and a blonde head peeked out just as she was reaching the door. cathryn glanced behind lia and waved at him excitedly. he smiled and returned the gesture.

lia waved once more before the door shut behind her. cathryn pulled her up the stairs and down the hall quickly and quietly. as soon as she shut the bedroom door, the blonde turned to face her friend, expression excited.

"you actually spent the night at jungkook's place?" she asked, eyes wide with enthusiasm. lia rolled her eyes although she was desperately fighting a smile that was threatening to split her face. she glanced around the room for a moment.

cathryn's room was girlier than lia's. the walls were painted a baby pink. the floor was covered with a white and pink flower patterned carpet. a white canopy bed took up a notable space in the room.

a pink plush chair was pushed up in front of a white desk which held a small vase of white roses, makeup organisers, a pink jewellery box, a journal and a cup of coloured pens. an oval mirror hung on the wall above.

white and gold framed pictures of her and her friends and quotes were strategically placed about the room. a small pink crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and reflected the early morning sunlight onto the walls. several little touches such as the shelf of ballerina music boxes and the musical posters showed her love of ballet.

every time lia was in this room, she felt like she was ten years old again. it made her smile that cathryn still loved all the things she did when they were little.

"please, i need to take a shower before you start interrogating me." she walked towards cathryn's closet, trying to find any of her clothes she'd left behind on her many sleepovers. all three of her best friends had at least two items of her clothing sitting in their closets. "um, no, you have to tell me everything first."

pulling out a pastel pink playsuit she'd only worn once – because it had spent most of its time since she got it living in cathryn's closet – she glanced back at her friend. "you'll have to pull the answers out of my mouth first." she told her, making her way to her friend's bathroom. cathryn groaned loudly and she just laughed in reply.

she reemerged moments later, her clothes changed and hair slightly damp. cathryn sat on the bed, waiting for her. "mum and dad are waiting to have breakfast with us." she informed. "but you'll tell me what happened after. i'm not the only one dying to know." she added with a wiggle of her brows.

lia sighed. "how is my life suddenly more interesting than yours?" she threw her head back. "by meeting a cutie who tried to kill you with a shopping cart." cathryn laughed, taking her hand and leading her downstairs.

she leaned in to whisper in her ear as they reached the bottom of the stairs. "by the way, i told them you weren't feeling too well and that's why you turned in so early."

lia nodded, smiling at her. "act a little down. got it." she gave a thumbs up. cathryn instantly made a face at her choice of words. "please don't act. if it can even be called that." she visibly shivered. "hey, what's wrong with my acting?" lia frowned. "um, besides everything? everything."

"i act just fine. maybe even anne hathaway levels." lia folded her arms over her chest. cathryn snorted at her statement. "sure. if anne hathaway was taking on a role as a shitty actor." she deadpanned. lia let out a gasp, tilting away from her friend. "unfriended."

"as if." cathryn muttered and pulled her towards the dining room.

☀️☀️☀️

and the second half begins! on a boring note oop