Never

I woke up in his arms once again. I loved this feeling; this feeling of knowing someone truly loved you. This had to be a dream. There was no way I was actually engaged to Niall Horan, my childhood best friend and love of my life. There was no way Harry and I had actually became good friends. There was no way everyone was living life perfectly. But it was all true. I started to get up a bit from the bed that we'd moved into around midnight last night. I sit up and swing my legs over the side of the bed.

"No, don't go," Niall says sleepily, reaching out for me. He calmed down when his hand found mine. I leaned down and kissed his cheek.

"I'm not going any where," I say, climbing back under the covers and snuggling up to him.

"Don't ever leave me," he says, still half asleep.

"Never," I reply.

"Promise?" he asks. He obviously wanted to go back to sleep but was forcing himself not to.

"Promise. Now go back to sleep, Niall," I say.

"You're my Alex," he says.

"Go to sleep, my Nialler," I reply and he was smiling a bit.

"I had a dream where you left me. It was my fault because I was being stupid. But I got arrested and you went back to your old habits and I stopped eating and going places but then you saved and forgave me," he says. I didn't have to guts to tell him in his sleepy state that that actually happened.

"Niall, it's 4:30 in the morning," I say, getting sleepier.

"You saved me, Alex," he says.

"Ni..." I trail off.

"You always save me. I wouldn't be able to live without you. I love you," he says.

"I love you, too, Niall," I say.

"Do you think Harry still likes you?" Niall asks. I shake my head no.

"Me too. He's my friend, he won't hurt me, he won't hurt us," he says.

"Never," I repeat.

"But he seems happier and you two have been spending time together, so I thought maybe..."

"Niall James Horan, you know I love you," I say. I'm pretty sure Niall was mostly awake now.

"I know," he says, "but why have me when you could have Harry?"

"You're funny, you're easy going, you're always there to cheer people up, you finish my meals when I'm stuffed so food doesn't go to waste. You have an adorable nephew," I say, starting to list things. Niall laughs.

"Yeah, and Harry doesn't have a beautiful, kind, loving girlfriend like I do," he says. Actually, he does, I almost add, but I remember what Harry made me promise.

"I should wake you up at 4 more often, you're much more sentimental," I say.

"I can be more sentimental during the day if you want me to," he says.

"You're perfect just the way you are," I say. He kisses my forehead and we're silent for a while.

"Uranus is such a dirty planet," Niall says, breaking the silence.

"Niall!" I exclaim, all the sweetness from the moment disappearing. He starts cracking up but stops himself, remembering we were the only two awake in the house.

"I think out loud sometimes!" he whispers in that weird shouting in a whisper tone.

"Well stop it!" I whisper back.

"You're abso-fucking-lutely gorgeous," Niall says. I sigh.

"Niall if I didn't know any better I'd say you were drunk," I say.

"Nope, just in love. But what's the difference?" he asks, "Drunk in love." He begins singing Beyoncé and I try not to laugh.

"Wow, Jay Z must love you," I say.

"I know, I'm amazing," he says. He begins to hum a bit; a song I didn't know.

"I'm feeling something deep inside, hotter than a jet stream burning up. I got a feeling deep inside. It's taking, it's takin', all I got. Yeah It's taking, it's takin', all I got," he begins to sing.

"What song is that?" I ask, tracing old shapes on the back of his hand.

"Fireproof. It's one of my favorites on the album," he says.

"It's new?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll play it for ya in the morning," he says.

"Tired?" I ask him and he let's out a small laugh.

"A bit," he says, "but I like talking to you. You're my fiancé."

"Fiancé," I repeat in a French accent.

"You, Alexandra James, are my lovely fiancé and I love it," he says, tapping my nose.

"You booped my nose," I complain.

"Oops," he says simply. I roll my eyes at him and he kisses my cheek.

"We're so sappy at the moment," I say and he shrugs.

"Sappy is cool," he says.

"You're so weird," I say. He smiles at me.

"Go to sleep," he says.

"Oh, now you want to sleep?" I ask.

"Yes, I always have," he says.

"Then why didn't you shut me up!" I exclaim, feeling a bit embarrassed that he wanted to sleep but I kept him up talking.

"Because I like talking to you," he says. I sigh and he kisses my forehead, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I respond. I lose track of time, trying to get myself to fall asleep. I try to count sheep and all those other myths but nothing it working.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me," Niall begins to sing.

"Niall," I say.

"You can't sleep, so I'm singing you to sleep," he says, restarting the song. I listen careful as I begin to get a bit more tired. He goes through the chorus and then to my favorite part; his solo.

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to. If I let you know I'm here for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I love you," he signings. He kisses behind my ear since my back was now facing him.

"Goodnight, future Mrs. Horan," he whispers. I fall asleep to his singing and the thought of being 'Mrs. Horan'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this chapter was so disappointing im sorry lol just be happy i updated bc i really don't do that enough..... k well enjoy this filler chapter and all the spelling mistakes :) BTW FIREPROOF IS AMAZING OKAY? OKAY.

~yo mama

//btw comment if you would read a michael clifford, luke hemmings, or harry styles fanfic if i made one. the harry one would be a spinoff with jessie and erin probably IDK JUST COMMENT//