Stuck Between

Niall's POV
They wheeled her out of the emergency room. I hoped she would be okay.

"Anyone here related to Alexandra James?" a man asks. Elise and her mom weren't here yet. Elise had been at a day camp and was done an hour ago. They'd be here in about two more hours. Well....

"I'm her boyfriend," I say, standing up. He nods and pulls me away from the group.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

"We can't tell, sir. It seemed to go well, but she should have woken up by now," the doctor says. Positive thoughts, Niall.

"But she'll be okay eventually, right?" I ask.

"We don't know. We're doing the best we can," he says.

"Yes, I know, I'm sorry," I say.

"It's okay, sir, this is a stressful situation. I get it. Would you like to see her?" he asks.

"Yes, please." He leads me into a room. Oh my God. She cuts and bruises all over her face, a cast on her leg, and her arm was wrapped up.

"She has a broken leg, brain injuries, and a sprained wrist. It actually could have been much worse, young man. I'll leave you two now," he says, walking out. I sit down next to her and take her one good hand.

"Hi, Alex. It's Niall. I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were coming. I never would've invited her if I knew. I....uhhh... we broke up you know? I'm sorry she hurt you. I'm sorry you're here.

You and I should be in Mullingar right now. I'm so sorry I left you, Alex. I sound crazy, right? Talking to you? Can you hear me?" I ask. I so badly wanted an answer. Anything. A simple twitch, blink, squeeze. Anything. Yes.

Alex's POV
{In Coma}

"Alex!" Dad yells.

"Yeah, Dad?" I ask.

"Wanna go for a drive?" I nod excitedly. Daddy Daughter time!

"C'mon, hop in," he says, opening the car door.

"Don't be out too late! Bring us back some food!" Mom yells, holding little Elise.

"Okay, honey!" Dad yells, getting in the car. I get in the back seat and we drive out of the neighborhood.

"Dad! McDonalds!" I exclaim.

"Aw c'mon! I was thinking Out Back," Dad says.

"Seriously?! YES!" I shout and Dad laughs.

"Love you, Pincess," he says.

"Love you, too, Daddy---DAD!" Everything blurred out.

"Mom?" I ask, saying her beside my bed. She was crying.

"Oh my, Alex! You had us so worried!" she exclaims.

"Where's...?" I ask, struggling for the words.

"Dad?"

"And Elise."

"Elise is with Grandma and Grandpa in the waiting room baby. How are you?" she asks.

"My head hurts," I say.

"I know, baby, it will for a while. You'll be ok. You have a concision and a few scrapes, but you are miraculously well. It could've been much worse," Mom says. I nod.

"And Dad?" I ask.

"Alex....."

"Is he okay? Mom, he made it, right?!" I freak out.

"Sh, sh, calm down sweetie, he's okay," Mom says.
"Then what's wrong?" I ask.

"He.... he lost his memory," Mom says.

"But he'll get it back, right?" I ask. Mom shakes her head sadly.
"But he can't forget me. He can't." I had started to cry.

"Oh, I know sweetie. I know it's hard, but we'll be okay," Mom says. I nod. He'll be ok. He'll be fine. Right?

We were on the plane now. Elise was watching Dora and I sat in between her and Mom. This was harder for Mom and I than her. She wasn't losing all of her friends, she didn't exactly have many. She was too young.

I was asleep until Mom woke me up.
"We're getting off now sweetie," she says. I nod and help carry some bags while Mom carries a sleeping Elise and a few other bags. We get into the car and when we pull up to our new house, must of our stuff was already there. A two story house sat in front of us. But it wasn't that big. Just one full bathroom and a half one. It had three bedrooms and small closets. But it was an adventure.

"Elise, wanna run around?" I ask and she nods. Mom sets her down and we run around the back yard, her chubby legs not taking her very far. I looked over our white fence and saw two boys playing soccer-- er, football. Football here, right?

"Hey!" one says, spotting me and waving. I waved back.

"Hi!" I shout back. He runs to the fence.

"I'm Niall," he says, "And that's Greg." He points to the boy behind him who waves.

"Alex," I say, then I pick up Elise, "And this is Elise."

"Hi there cutie," he say, tickling little Elise who let out a laugh.

"Niall, Greg! Lunch! Oh- hi! You must be our new neighbors," a lady says, stepping outside.

"Yes. We should probably get going. Bye, Niall," I say.

"Bye, Alex," he says, and we both go inside.

That was the first time I'd met Niall. I missed him. I needed to apologize. Suddenly I heard a voice. It was his.
"Hi, Alex. Its Niall. I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were coming. I never would've invited her if I knew. I....uhhh... we broke up you know? I'm sorry she hurt you. I'm sorry you're here.

You and I should be in Mullingar right now. I'm so sorry I left you, Alex. I sound crazy, right? Talking to you? Can you hear me?" I wanted to scream Yes! I can hear you! I wanted him to know I was sorry, that he did nothing wrong. I needed him to know that. But all I could do now was squeeze his hand.

"Alex? You're awake? If you're awake, please try to squeeze my hand again," he says. I never knew how much strength it took to squeeze a hand, but I did it again.

"I love you, Alex," is all he says before I fall back to sleep. I love you, too, Niall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't believe some of you seriously thought I would kill Alex. Wow Journie, Gretchen, Kaitlin. Well I guess she could still go. BAHAHAHAHAAAA more suspense. Only bc I know you love meh
Byeeeeeee
{ Cassi }

PS. I HURRIED UP AND GOT THIS DONE BECAUSE I GOT 300 READS THANK YOU SOOO MUCH GUYS KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING THANK YOU LOVE YOU!