Dad

I freeze as we pull in. Elise is frozen as well and Mom just smiles.

"C'mon, guys," she says and Elise gets out if the car. I open my door and she is there to hand me my crutches. Tomorrow was my last day with them. Elise steps out and the man gives her a small smile and she smiles back. Did I just call my father 'the man'? I mean, it feels strange to call him Dad but still. And I seriously doubt Daddy is in the question. Complicated much?

"Elise," he says, opening his arms. She runs into them like she's known him forever, like he did know who she was all those years ago. He picks her up and holds her tight.

"Hello, Alex," he says. I nod to him as I grab my last bag out of the car. Was I supposed to hug him? Oops.

"Here, let me get that," he says, taking the bag from me.

"Thank you," I say shyly as we walk inside. A little boy is playing cars on the carpet and making car noises.

"Hi!" The boy waves to us and runs to Elise.

"You wanna play?" he asks, waving a toy car.

"Tyler, calm down," 'Dad' says.

"Otay Daddy," he says sadly. He was so cute. Wait---- Daddy? So he was... my brother? Well then.

"You got a owey on your leg?" Tyler asks.

"Tyler," Dad says warningly.

"Sorry," Tyler says shyly.

"No, no, it's okay. I got into an accident and got a very big owey," I say. Tyler nods and runs back off to play cars.

"So, what brings you here?" I finally ask.

"Alex," my mom says. Maybe Tyler and I were more alike then I thought.

"We were around and I wanted to say hi to you guys. You've really grown up," he says.

"Thank you, I think," I say and he laughs. But all I could think was when he said 'we'. As in him and Tyler? Or him, Tyler, and his wife? I didn't want to push it and get more glares from Mom. Not today.

"How long have you been here?" Elise asks after taking a seat.

"I came this morning, your mother told me you two were with some friends," Dad says.

"Yeah, just hanging out," I say.

"One Direction?" I almost spit out my tea as he says it.

"Umm yeah, they're just some friends," I say.

"Friends, aye? I'm a magazine editor now, Alex. I've been seeing plenty of picture of you," Dad says. Really? In the US?

"Wow, I didn't realize it went so far," I respond.

"It's all over the world. Everyone knew about the others but Niall Horan, finally taken," Dad says. Were we having this conversation?

"Yeah, it has certainly been a challenge," I say.

"Be careful, though. Niall... he just doesn't seem right for you," Dad says. Whoa, whoa, what?

"And how do you know that?"

"He's in a world famous band, I don't want you to find out he's got another girl halfway across the world and you get hurt," Dad says. Okay, this is it.

"He announced it to the world! It's not like she wouldn't know anyways," I say.

"Maybe she doesn't care," Dad says. Oh my god!

"Niall loves me, okay? He's not cheating on me somewhere else in the world. And how would you know what I'm like? You don't even know me!" I say.

"I know enough to know he can hurt you again easily," he says.

"Uhg! You can't just forget about us for however long and then come back when I have a boyfriend and get all protective!" I shout louder than I mean. He doesn't show much feeling. I wish he would.

"I'm not trying to, well, it's just...." He doesn't finish.

"Well it's just what?" I say.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I've already missed so much of your life and I want to be there for you now," he says.

"You can be for me when you get over the fact I'm dating Niall Horan," I say, going to my room. I lock the door and look at my phone that had kept vibrating. It was Niall.

Niall: The view over the Atlantic is beautiful. Not as beautiful as you though :)
Niall: I think someone let it rip on here. Jesus Christ!
Niall: I miss you, answer me already!!! #bored
Me: Hashtags don't work texting weirdo
Niall: Got you to answer, thought, didn't it ;)
Me: That and I miss you
Niall: Awww I miss Elise
Me: Ouch, I'm wounded
Niall: Oops, autocorrect...
Me: Nice try. So guess who showed up today?
Niall: Santa?
Me: I wish. My dad
Niall: WHAT?! Did I read that right? Your dad?
Me: Yeah. And he's not a big fan of you....
Niall: Yikes
Me: He's the protective type I guess?
Niall: lmao. I guess. I have to go. No matter what he says, I still love you
Me: I love you too, bye
Niall: bye princess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep voting bc I'm starting to lose reads and votes and you don't want you to kill off Alex would you?

Jk jk, I would start with Gretch. Love you Gretchen!

Maybe I'll make a Kaitlin and kill her. Haha I'm just listing threats now :)

Ok well I probably (key word probably) won't do any of that but please help me!

{ Cassi }