Hide 'n' Seek

"Hello?" I said in a deep man voice. Niall was already laughing, trying to quiet down.

"Yes, I would like three large pizzas. One cheese, one pepperoni, and one sausage."

"Is this a prank?" Gretch says on the other end.

"Don't pizza places have called ID?" I ask in a regular voice.

"ALEX!!!! What's up? Why'd you call me at work?" Gretch asks.

"Because I need pizza!"

"Uhhggg."

"Now, 3 large! One cheese, one pepperoni, and one sausage."

"I get it! Be ready in 10 minutes. But why so many? Are you having a party without me! Ah, I'm wounded!" she says jokingly. I laugh.

"Just some friends."

"And I'm not included?"

"You're at work."

"So?"

"You'll see."

"What?"

"MAKE ME MY PIZZAS ALREADY!" I hang up and Niall is already laughing.

"C'mere," he says, pulling me into his arms. I snuggle up to him and lay my head on his chest. This felt right, somehow.

"What if they don't like me?" I ask, looking up at Niall.

"They'll love you, why wouldn't they?" he responds, "Lou obviously already does."

"One down, three to go," I say, kissing his cheek before hopping off the bed.

"Aye, come back here!"

"Nope! We need to get going, if we're going to make it there on time," I say, grabbing his hand.

"Alright, alright."

We pull up to the pizza place and I start to get out if the car.

"Coming?" I ask Niall, who still sat there.

"Alex... What if people recognize me?" Niall says.

"Oh. I hadn't thought about that." Would it always have to be like this now?

"But...." He puts on some glasses and pulls up his hood. I smile and he takes my hand as we walk up to the door.

"Alex!" Gretch exclaims, grabbing the pizza off the racks behind her.

"Hey," I say, releasing Niall's hand to pick them up.

"Oh no, here, I'll carry them," Niall says, taking them from my arms.

"Oh, thanks," I say and Gretch raises an eyebrow.

"Ummm, I'll meet you back in the car, 'kay?" I tell Niall, gesturing slightly to Gretch. He nods and walks out.

"Who was that and why was he 'hiding'?" Gretch demands.

"Niall."

"What?!?!"

"Look, calm down. He showed up, we talked... we're having dinner with the boys. I'll text you later. Bye Gretchy," I say, knowing that if her name could cause a tornado, Gretchy could cause a hurricane. She rolled her eyes and waved.

I pull into a large, fancy hotel.

"We rent out a whole floor. The eighth floor, I think," Niall says, and I nod. We quickly walk in and get into the elevator.

When it stops on the eighth floor, we get out and go down the floor where there was screaming and loud music.

"STRAIGHT OFF THE PLANE TO A NEW HOTEL!" someone sings along to the lyrics.

"What kinda song is that?" I ask.

"Ummm one of ours. It's more of a rock, I guess," Niall says.

"No no no, I didn't mean it like that. I just mean, it's different than what I listen to," I say. I was a country girl, no doubt about that.

"I know, Alex. We have slower songs," Niall says. As we entered the room, the song was already growing on me.

"HEY!" Niall yells. A boy, Harry I think, was standing on the coffee table playing air guitar while the others danced. They all freezes, one jumping over to turn the music off. Liam?

"You must be Alex!" a familiar voice says. Louis. He shakes my hand and then takes the pizza from Niall.

"FOOD!" another boy yells. Zayn, I think. We all sit down around a table and dig in.

Niall scarfs down his. Yeah, he hasn't completely changed.

Pizza two nights in a row, but I could deal with it.

"So, Alex. You like hide 'n' seek?" Louis asks.

"Maybe," I reply.

"Well, change it to a yes! NOT IT!" Louis yells. "NOT IT!" Liam, Zayn, Harry, and I shout. Niall is a second short, and he's it. We all run as Niall counts to twenty. I get lost.

"Alex, over here!" Harry says, grabbing my arm and pulling me under the bed.

"Harry," he says, offering a hand. I shake it quickly and he puts his finger to his lips, a single to be quiet. We see Niall's white shoes and I see that Louis is in the closet across from us, making silly faces through the cracks. Then he reaches out a hand and pulls on one of Niall's shoe laces and he trips, quickly regaining balance. It takes a lot not to laugh, but I manage.

"Gotcha, Lou," Niall says, rolling his eyes. Harry looks at me. His eyes were so mesmerizing. He was handsome, I couldn't deny that. He seemed caught up in the moment, too, because he leaned in. Then we both jerked away.

"Found you two!" Niall yells and we hurry out.