~49~ Epilogue

Epilogue

The two boys sat next to each other on the warm sand, watching as the golden sun slowly melted into the deep blue. It was September and a light breeze was swaying the palm tree leaves.

"I still can't believe that we're together." Trystan whispered, wrapping one arm around the shorter boy. The blonde leaned his head against his boyfriend's shoulder, inhaling the scent of the ocean.

"Do you miss it?"

"The ocean?"

Eleazar looked up into Trystan's chocolate eyes. The other boy nodded.

"Yeah, I do. But it's not like I can't go for a swim. It'll just be a little different."

Trystan hummed, biting down on his lower lip.

"Hey." Eleazar said, using his index finger to turn Trystan's face to him.

"You are not allowed to feel guilty because of this. I could't be happier right now, you know that, right?"

"You mean that?" Trystan's eyes sparkled in the golden evening light.

Eleazar nodded.

"Besides, now I don't have to carry you around anymore. You were so lazy every time we were in the water together."

Trystan chuckled. "You loved holding me like that."

"Yeah...I did. That I really do miss." A sad smile spread on Eleazar's face.

"But being here with you is everything I could've ever asked for and more. I have my family here. Mum got a job and Meriel has already found friends. Grandma and Amias have made up and are back together. We are together. It couldn't get any better."

"What about you? What are you going to do?"

"You mean, besides watching your beautiful face grow old next to me?" Eleazar asked smoothly, a cheeky smile on his lips.

"God, I think the amount of cheddar cheese that you eat has a bad influence on you. You get all cheesy."

"And your jokes have never been worse, love." Eleazar laughed, shaking his head, before pressing a kiss onto Trystan's cheek.

For a second, Trystan closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of his lover's soft lips against his skin.

"No, but seriously...what do you wanna do? Do you want to go to college, like me?"

"I would need to graduate to do that, though. Right?"

"Looks like someone paid attention in 'Human Studies'." Trystan smiled, then frown. "What happened to that Victor guy, anyways?"

"You mean Ovicto?"

Trystan nodded.

"I don't know. I hope he's okay. He punched one of Ethuranell's guys, after all."

"It was nice of him to help us." Trystan said, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Although, I still don't get how he knew so much about the land life. And about humans."

"Maybe he was leading a double life." Eleazar smirked.

"Maybe..."

Both boys lost themselves in their thoughts, their eyes still following the slow travel of the sun down into the waves.

"Do you think they'll come after us?" Trystan spoke up, his eyes shifting back to his boyfriend's face.

"I don't think they'll risk it. But we can never be sure."

"Well, if they do, we'll be ready. I won't give you up without a fight. And I certainly won't ever forget about you again." Trystan grumbled, protectively pulling Eleazar to his chest.

"And I won't let you forget about me." Eleazar replied, nuzzling his nose into Trystan's t-shirt.

For a while, they stayed exactly like that, both of them simply enjoying the other's warmth and scent.

"I think..." Eleazar said after a while and looked up at his boyfriend.

"I think I want to become a kindergarten teacher."

Trystan opened his eyes, a curious look in them. "Why?"

"I don't know. I really like children. And I feel like I would be a great story-teller. I could tell them tales about mermaids and talking sharks and stuff."

Trystan smirked.

"What?" Eleazar asked, his lips also curling into a smile.

"Nothing, I just...I love you, baby."

Trystan smiled at Eleazar, such love and admiration in his eyes, that the blonde found it hard to breathe.

"I love you, too."

And with the last rays of sunlight, the boy and the merman lost themselves in a deep, pure kiss, that lasted until they were surrounded by nothing but darkness, the distant sound of seagulls and the deep blue ocean.

~The End~

A/N

I hope you enjoyed my book! If you did, comment with a '❤'-emoji, it would mean a lot to me! I will miss this book and treazar so much. It took me over two years to write this and I have grown to love the characters a lot.

If you like my writing, go and check out my other books! I recently started writing a Draco Malfoy Fanfiction ⭐

Now, all that's left to say is thank you for reading my book and all your support!

Love,

Maresa 🌊