~10~ So Blue

Eleazar's P.o.v.

I did the only thing which seemed natural in that moment.
My heart felt like it was growing so big, that it was splintering into little pieces and with every inch I came closer to Trystan's face, it seemed like those tiny pieces of my heart each grew a pair of wings and tried to fly away.

My eyes wandered over every little detail of the human's face, starting with those lips, shaped like perfection and colored in the last few seconds of a sunset. The little freckles on his nose, which were so tiny, you could only see them if you were really close to his face.

When my eyes finally reached his, light blue meeting dark brown, it felt like a tsunami was raging in my stomach, but I decided to let loose, not fight against the waves, but let myself sink deeper and deeper.
I had dropped the anchor, my destination - Trystan's lips - on mine.

Not that kissing was a thing down in the ocean, no, merpeople didn't kiss at all. I didn't want to kiss him because I learned in Human Studies, that it's a way for humans to show affection.

No, I wanted to have his lips on mine, because it felt right. Because I wanted to feel him that way, because I needed to. Because it felt like everything that he was, was pulling everything of me towards him and no matter how hard I tried to resist, I couldn't.
But right now, I didn't even want to resist.

With my lips only inches away from Trystan's, there was nothing stopping me from closing off whatever space was left between us. I had already closed my eyes, waiting for the tidal wave to crash the beach, as I felt a soft hand cup my cheek, gently stopping my face from moving any closer.

My heart dropping into my stomach, I instantly regretted interpreting so much into Trystan's previous words. Of course he wasn't in love with me, no, how could he be? He was human, he was flawless and probably annoyed by me.

Opening my eyes, I tried to brace myself for whatever hurtful words were to come.

Trystan's P.o.v.

My hand was still touching Eleazar's cheek, as I desperately tried to find words that could describe the whirlwind inside of me - my feelings - best. I knew that I had hurt Eleazar when I had stopped him from kissing me.

Don't get me wrong, there was nothing, nothing I would rather do than pull him closer and finally know what those lips tasted like. But I couldn't, not yet. There were too many questions in my head, too much chaos and too little answers and solutions.

"Hey." I whispered, causing Eleazar to shyly look up into my eyes. I could see regret in them and hated myself for making him feel that way.

"Listen to me." I said, this time a little bit louder, but still gently, and lifted the merman's chin with my index finger, so that he was forced to look into my eyes.

"I want to kiss you so badly, you can't imagine."

That sentence seemed to have caught Eleazar's attention, because his blue eyes widened a bit. I let go of his chin again, letting my fingers trail down his arms instead, until they reached the soft fabric of the sheets.

"But I feel like there is too much unanswered between us, too much we have yet to know about one another." I went on explaining after a few seconds, looking deeply into Eleazar's eyes, desperate to make him understand my point of view.

"I want to know what you feel, what you think I feel, what you have in mind when it comes to our future.
I feel so lost, somehow. Everything happened so fast and don't get me wrong - I am so glad that I met you - but I need to figure some things out before I can completely let loose.
God, two weeks ago I didn't even know that I lived in a world where merpeople existed and now it feels like my whole world is circling around you."