~22~ Pancakes

(Nick Robinson as Trystan in the picture above. He is so beautiful ahh)

Trystan's P.o.v.

The smell of delicious pancakes greeted me when I came into the kitchen the next morning.

Keith was already making breakfast, he was in his boxers, a cooking apron wrapped around his naked torso.

"What's up with you, since when do you get up before 9 on days where you don't have classes?" I asked smirking, while sneaking one of the pancakes off a plate.

"I don't know, it's just great to wake up at home. And even greater if the first thing you have to do is not making other people's coffee." Keith said, one corner of his mouth lifting to form his typical cheeky smile.

"Shounds like wou wreally loved it in New Yorwk!" I replied, my mouth stuffed with pancake.

"The only good things about that internship were the women and leaving." Keith said, stacking three pancakes on top of each other and spraying some whipped cream on them.

I raised one eyebrow.

"Anyone special?" I asked, but Keith just laughed.

"You know me T, I never get feelings."
he said, running his fingers through his perfectly styled bed hair, before taking a bite of the pancake tower.

"If you say so..."

I watched Keith for a while, who was basically throwing the pancakes down his throat.

"But you know..even you will find the one someday. Probably when you at least expect it."

The words were out before my brain had processed them. Not only was I sounding like a 13 year old teenager, I also basically admitted to Keith that something was going on in my love life as well.

As expected, Keith stopped chewing, swallowed and then looked up to me.

"Wait...what?" He began laughing, let go of the fork and slapped his hands together.

One finger pointed at me, he said: "I knew it! You met someone! Is it the one?"

The way Keith emphasized the last two words made it very clear that he did not believe in the concept of true love.

I could feel the blush creeping onto my cheeks. Damn.

But before I could reply anything, I was saved by the doorbell.

A little faster than necessary, I got up and sprinted to the front door. I could hear Keith's foot steps following me down the hallway.

I opened up. On the doormat, wrapped into a towel, stood a person that I did not expect to see at all. A person that I expected to never see again.

It was Lea. It looked like her hair was wet, just like the rest of her body. Someone, I couldn't see who, was standing behind her.

"Trystan.." she began.

"What the f*ck?" I heard Keith whisper behind me.

"I..I was on a morning swim and I just..I had to come and talk to you! I can't do this anymore baby, I miss you and I know that you miss me, too!" Lea was talking so fast that I had problems keeping up.

"I..what?" I was so confused that I couldn't even form a proper sentence anymore.

Not a single moment over the last weeks had I thought about Lea, let alone missed her.

"I want you back, Trystan! We belong together!"

The person that had been standing behind Lea now stepped forward.

"Sorry, but I don't think he feels the same way, Lea."

In a matter of seconds, all the air got sucked out of my body. It felt like my heart exploded and a million shards were spreading throughout the room.

In front of me, dressed in a very tight wetsuit and flip-flops, stood Eleazar.
Legs and all.

Our eyes met and no words could even begin to describe the wave of emotions rolling over me.

How? Why? How?!

During the few seconds that I just stood there, stunned, unable to speak, Lea had turned around to look at Eleazar.

"You again. Who even are you? And what are you doing here stalking Trystan? Are you crazy?" She eyed him from head to toe, eyebrows raised in a very degrading way.

"My name is Eleazar and I am not the person crawling back to their ex in nothing but a towel here. So maybe you should ask yourself who the crazy one is." Eleazar replied, politely smiling at the girl.

Lea's jaw dropped and instead of confronting Eleazar, she turned to me.

I cleared my voice. "What he said is true, Lea. I'm sorry but I am over you and I don't want to be with you again."

I was surprised that I was even able to talk properly after what had just happened.

Lea huffed, turned around and walked away, not without bumping into Eleazar's shoulder.

"You..how..what?!" Was all I could say, now that I was standing directly in front of him. Him, the one person I thought I had lost forever.

"What, yeah..that is the same question that I am asking myself right now." Keith suddenly spoke up behind me, making me remember that he was still here, too.

"What on earth is going on here, T?"

I noticed the look that Eleazar was giving Keith. Was it...jealousy? Or just curiosity?

"This uh..this is Eleazar." I stammered, feeling my face turn red again.

"Yeah, I got the name part, but what is the story?" Keith asked, confusion and a touch of amusement written all over his face.

"We're...we met uhm..while you were away." I said, carefully avoiding Eleazar's eyes. I couldn't risk a nervous breakdown in front of Keith.

"At college." Eleazar added, causing me to look at him again.

He looked straight back at me, his deep blue eyes sucking me in like a black hole.

I nodded. "We have a project that's due to Friday, so Eleazar came over to work with me on that..today."

"Mhm." Eleazar cleared his throat and then, as awkward as anyone could imagine, extended his hand for Keith to shake it. The left hand.

Keith looked at his hand for a few seconds, as if to wait for Eleazar to notice his mistake and use his right hand instead. But Eleazar didn't.

"Keith, pleasure." My best friend introduced himself and shook Eleazar's hand with his left one as well.

Keith gave me a side look.

Eleazar, seemingly really proud of himself that he remembered the human way to say hello, smiled brightly.

"I'll come in then, if you don't mind." he said, before walking past Keith and me, into the apartment. While passing me, I felt Eleazar's fingertips gently brush against my hand.

Oh lord, this was going to be interesting.