Chapter Twelve |Hot Coffee|

Start from the beginning

Stop crying like baby.

Little brat.

Killer, you almost killed those men.

Tears were flowing down my cheeks to the moment I heard myself sob I couldn't hold back any more.

Asher stared back at me and parked to the side of highway. I felt so pathetic crying in front of him. "I'm sorry." I whipped my tears away holding back my sob and tears that were begging to fall out of my eyes.

I hugged myself, leaning myself against the window; playing with my fingers. I could still feel his eyes on me.

"I didn't know hateful words do this to you." He says. Surprising me with his tone. It held no hatred, it was soft and low.

"You don't know all of things about me." I mumbled, whipping my eyes. He stared at me for a few seconds but began to drive again until we were back at the house.

****

"Is the packing all done?" Asher asked, sitting on the chair of the kitchen. We were all downstairs organizing and putting stuff away.

"Is anyone hungry?" Asked Maryam while she was opening the fridge. I mumbled a no and so did Asher. But the rest of them were pretty hungry.

"Let's go out to eat then?" She offered, they agreed. But I wasn't in the mood to get out. "Are you sure you don't want to come with us." She asks.

"I'm good." I smiled, and headed upstairs towards my room to pack up my clothes.
I opened a suitcase and placed all the clothes I bought today and the clothes that were in the closet.

Asher.

And what's wrong with him? I was beyond annoyed. I was thinking about him 24/7. I hardly knew him. He treats me like Im his slave. And all I can do is think about him.

He's hot.

Don't you remember the way he helped you today?

His tone to you?

Shut up.

I went down a couple of stairs after packing, to get a cup of coffee to find Asher sitting in the kitchen talking to someone on the phone.

"How are you today?" I heard him ask. Then "I miss you." And. "I love you more."

"See you tomorrow." He ended the phone call and that's when I continued down the stairs. His eyes were on me the whole time as I made coffee. "You want?" I asked, while pouring some in my mug. He nodded as I picked up another cup of coffee and poured it. "How do you drink your coffee?" I asked.

"Black." Like your heart; I almost snorted. I handed him his cup as I toke mine and we sat together at the island table. I didn't dare to speak. I was in my own bubble trying to figure out my life. Which I really can't since it's a no solution math problem.

"Can I get a cup of coffee too?" Asked Amber. She was here. I gritted my teeth, "Sure." I pulled out the burning hot glass carafe walking towards the table when Amber purposely bumped into me causing the hot coffee to spill all over me. It was on my chest and legs, it was like needles poking my skin. "Oh my god I didn't see you." She smiles.