Out in the tundra...Again...

"I'm surprised, Prince Zuko," Iroh said calmly. "Surprised that at this moment, you are not trying to capture the Avatar."
Zuko was probably standing with his back to us, but I was in my own little world. A defence mechanism, I guess, for high-stress situations. I don't deal well with tragedy, and what happened to Yue was just that. A tragedy. I wish there had been another way. If only I were a little stronger, or faster, or smarter or-
"It does not do to dwell on things that cannot be changed," I startled as Iroh appeared at my shoulder, speaking kindly.
"I know," I said, turning to stare out at the water again. "But I've never been very good at the following advice. Especially my own."

Iroh chuckled and sat beside me. "You did your best, Amaya. There was nothing more you could've done."
"But if I had just been a little stronger-"
"Zhao would still have found a way to harm the water spirit," Iroh said firmly but gently. "Things that happen are meant to happen for a reason. We wouldn't get anywhere if we spent our life worrying about would be's and could have's."
I sighed again and rubbed my temples. "I know."
Iroh put a hand on my lower back. "Get some rest. It has been a trying day for both of you."
I smiled weakly before moving a little away from the edge and curl into a small ball before drifting off to sleep.