Up in the northern area of the world...

"I'm not one to complain..." Sokka whined.

"Then don't," I responded, for probably the 5th time today.

"Can't Appa fly any higher?" Sokka continued, sticking his tongue out at me in a childish manner. Appa groaned as his feet trailed over the surface of the water.

"Appa's probably exhausted," I replied, throwing Sokka a 'really?' look. "I mean, come on. He's flown from the south pole to the north pole and all over the place in between. Give him a break."

"Sokka, I have an idea!" Aang snapped. "Why don't we all climb on your back, and you can fly us to the north pole."

"I'd love to!" Sokka responded waspishly. "Climb on everyone! Sokka's ready for take-off!" 

Momo jumped up onto Sokka's back, and I sighed as I sat up.

"Hey now!" I said, putting a calming hand on Aang's shoulder. "There's only enough space on this bison for one hot head, don't say something you might regret."

"Mogui's right, guys," Katara added, joining me as the peace-keeper. "We're all a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight."

"And for what? We can't even find the Northern Water Tribe!" Sokka groaned. "There's nothing up here."

"We're coming here to see the waterbenders, right? Great. They'll love me," I sighed, leaning back against the edge of the saddle.

Appa made a gurgling noise as his feet skimmed the water again. Everyone had gloomy expressions, and my attempt at humour went ignored. Suddenly, Aang jerked Appa around, and I barely managed to grab the edge of the saddle and grab Katara around the waist when Appa began evasive manoeuvres while avoiding spikes of ice that shot up at us. After hitting some ice, Appa spun out of control and landed in the water, which froze around him and rendered him unable to move. I prepared to fight back until I noticed the water tribe boats, and I relaxed my fists. No need to give them more reasons to attack, right?

"They're waterbenders!" Katara cried out happily. "We found the watertribe!"

They soon had us surrounded, and once they identified us, there were many warm greetings, mostly for Aang and the watertribe siblings, but they greeted me warmly enough. Word had already arrived at them about me, and even though I was a firebender, they seemed to respect me. Soon, we were all setting off to go to the Northern Water Tribe city.