Chapter 29: The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Fluttershy. May I ask you to do me a favor?" asked Starlight.

Fluttershy ate the last small bite of her cake. She had been doing her best to ignore the events of the night. She was worried about Sunset, as were all her friends. But she didn't like seeing blood or her friend hurting. She sighed and looked at Starlight.

"S-sure. What do you need from me, Starlight?" replied Fluttershy.

Starlight looked at the table. She hoped that Fluttershy could handle the task. She didn't have anyone else to do the task. Rarity was busy throwing up in the bathroom. Applejack was exhausted from the night's events. Rainbow was busy trying to not join Rarity in the bathroom and Pinkie already had a task.

"I need you to...get the blood bags from my car. Can you do that for me?" asked Starlight.

Fluttershy gulped. She could feel her stomach wanting to push the cake back up. She fought against the need to throw up.

"Sure, Starlight," replied Fluttershy.

Starlight gave Fluttershy a thankful smile and handed her the keys to her car. She ran back to nurse's office. Once she got there, she saw that Pinkie had the cotton balls ready. She grabbed the alcohol and poured it on one cotton ball. She handed Pinkie the cotton ball and did the same for herself.

Together they did both of her arms. The trash can become full of bloodied cotton balls. Starlight went to empty it when Rainbow Dash got up.

"Let me. You need to keep helping Sunset. I hope she survives this." said Rainbow Dash.

Starlight nodded. She grabbed the spare trash can which was kept in the closet. She set it up and continued to clean Sunset's wounds. When Rainbow Dash came back, the second trash can was about halfway full.

"Oh my! I didn't realize the extent of the wounds Filthy Rich inflicted. Nor did I account for the sheer amount of them," said Starlight.

Pinkie Pie nodded in agreement. She was just about to finish the last cut on the top of Sunset's shoulder. She had been working from the wrist up. She was about to stop when she spotted several deep cuts on Sunset's underarm.

"Woah! Filthy Rich must've gone crazy. I just found some more cuts on her arm." said Pinkie.

Starlight looked under Sunset's left arm and sure enough, there were more deep cuts there. She was both shocked and amazed at how dedicated Filthy Rich was. She hadn't seen anything so thorough. She grabbed another cotton ball. She and Pinkie continued to repeat the process until they had reached her thighs.

Fluttershy came with the blood bags just as Pinkie was about to start on Sunset's right thigh. She stopped just as Fluttershy appeared.

"Here you go, Starlight," said Fluttershy.

Starlight took the blood bags from Fluttershy. She set them on the desk and walked back over to Fluttershy.

"Thanks, Fluttershy. If you want, you can lie down on the spare bed," said Starlight.

Fluttershy smiled. She was grateful for Starlight's kindness. She walked over to the spare bed and laid down. She was about to close her eyes when she saw Starlight hand her a blanket. She took it and laid it over her legs. She turned to her side and exhaustion took over. She was later joined by Applejack and Rarity, who was done throwing up.

Starlight and Pinkie managed to finish cleaning every wound Sunset had. Pinkie walked back to the cafeteria to get some more cake. She was famished after all the cleaning she did. She promised to bring one back for Diamond Tiara. But when she got to the cafeteria, she found that Diamond Tiara was already there.