Chapter40

"Only those whom are truly yours show compassion towards you."
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

The house which was filled with smiles,joy and happiness during the day turned out to be like where an obituary has been received. Only few were able to hold their tears back. Fahma clung to her father tightly crying while he did the same, that was what he has been avoiding since morning while her mother stayed back in her room tears all over her face after people were able to take Fahma out but not before breaking their hug with difficulty. Her siblings were crying too. None of them could focus at that time. She was carefully placed in the car after her grandmother whispered some words into her ear but still she continued crying. Leaving home was like death to her. She never thought it will come this soon but when the hour of 'fear Allah','obey your husband','your Jannah is underneath his feet'..came,she knew there was no turning back.

Ahmad sat beside her looking at her with sympathy as she placed her head on her laps sobbing before they went off to start their journey. A journey of peace, love,happiness, compromise,sacrifice and more. Her mother burst out crying when she heard that they were finally gone while her father waved into the air continuously. Only her friends and cousins followed suit as her siblings felt so heavyhearted to even think about going along.

Jabir went to Na'imatullah's residence along with his friends also. Saeed drove the car Jabir was in but unlike Fahma,Na'imatullah didn't cry that much rather she smiled at him immediately after they drove off to their destination. He felt shattered,reminiscing his father's words in his head,trying very hard to convince himself that he can do it. He smiled back at her and she suddenly stated 'you look perfect Yaya Jay' and winked at him releasing the veil she lifted up down her face once again.

"What a shameless girl she is" he said quietly to himself looking out of the window. Saeed who heard him just shook his head and continued driving.

"Make sure you see this boy off because if she gets hurt,you all will have to face me." Ahmad's father said to him over the phone."OK father, inshaaAllah nothing will be wrong "he assured." It better not" he heard his mother say.

As soon as they reached,old women started yodeling and others were holding small incense glitter jars containing burning coal where the sweet incense burns from as they held Fahma's hands into the house whispering to her to make Dua' and to enter with her right foot first. Still crying,she followed their lead her face covered with a veil. They took her to her room and the elders preached to her once again before leaving her with her cousins and friends. Ahmad excused himself from his friends and called Jabir asking him if they've picked the bride already which he answered in the affirmative. He was told that they were going to live in a house close to the one Fahma was going to live in and that made him more tensed.

After they arrived, Na'imatullah's relatives took her to her side while Jabir joined his brothers and friends standing in the courtyard of the house. His friends teased him the whole time and all he does was put on a fake smile. He wasn't that cheerful person he once was ,those who thought his wedding day was going to be the day he laughs best were baffled as to the fact that he wasn't even speaking or showing any happiness. Few minutes later, his brothers tapped him notifying him that it was time to go see the bride and his heart bounced.

They decided to see him off first before Ahmad so,he reluctantly followed their lead. She was sitting on the middle of the bed with her friends beside her when they entered. The veil over her face was adjusted so sher face doesn't get revealed. Her friends requested a token from them before they will be allowed to see her face but even after giving them,they refused to open her face. Disappointed, they left to drop the friends at home leaving only his brothers,he and her in the room.

He asked to speak with them outside the room before they concluded.

"Please understand me I don't like this girl. Wallahi I hate her with passion she's just too shameless" he said to them looking hurt oblivious to the fact that she heard what he said.