CHAPTER20

"There's just this one thing that we ought to accept. If it isn't meant to be ours,it will never be".
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

Rooted to where he has been since his brother's order registered in his ears,with fright as if a stampede survivor,no shoulder to lean on,no where to escape to,no space to migrate to and nothing to think but her. After hours of sitting lifelessly on the floor,he stormed into the bathroom performed ablution and went to the Masjid for Asr prayer. He went straight to school after giving Saeed a call and not long after reaching school Saeed caught up with him. His mere sight pronounced his condition ,frightening Saeed the more.

"What's wrong with you man?" Saeed asked all worried.

"They're getting me married" he answered not looking at him.

"Wow Alhamdulillah,When? Who is the lucky bri-"

"Just shut up" he  interjected." I said shut up,I don't know, I can't explain anything to you,all I know is I am getting married soon".

"Subhanallah I'm very sorry,but please sit and explain to me" Saeed said pulling him to a nearby seater.

"They've been bothering me about this marriage issue for a while now but I never took it serious not until Yaya Ahmad spoke up today" he said clenching his fist the more,he was trying so hard not to break down." He has been silent for long but after he spoke to me today, I wished I had used my opportunity because I know nothing will ever change his mind and the worst part is the girl in question I don't know"

"Haven't you introduced Fahma to them?" Saeed asked.

"Not even I myself has been introduced to her" he said curtly.

"What!! Why?" Saeed asked with his eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"Hmm you'll not understand"

"I will"

"No you won't"

"Yes I will"

"Enough of that. Now what's the way out?"he asked worried

"Meet her and inform her. Oh! I almost forgot do you even know where to meet her?"Saeed suggested

"Inform her what?" He asked again

"Your intentions of course" Saeed replied.

"Arggggghhh I have tried several times but she's no-" he stopped speaking as if he remembered something.

"She's what? Have you met? How did you try?" Saeed asked jumbling

"No we didn't, I just wanted saying I tried but I couldn't". He explained zoning out of the environment completely. Saeed snapped his fingers at him before bringing him back from his thoughts.

"You know what? I want to stay away from her,I want her thought out of my mind,I don't want mother's suspicion about her to be true,I want her out of my head but I find it difficult to do so" he said

"Just stay calm and think well. Marriage is not something to joke with. If your option still remains the same meet her parents and everything will be finalised soon" Saeed said Patting his shoulder." As you can see you're not getting any younger and she's has just a month to graduate from school so be fast before someone overtakes you" he explained with a nonchalant expression.

"How about you? Are you getting any younger. I don't even know why I called you up" he said growling.

"Be ready to distribute my wedding IV soon" Saeed said smiling

"OK it will be my pleasure" He said smiling too.

"Ain't you having a class to attend?"

"Yes but I don't think I have that energy now"