Chapter29

"Refrain from being a source of pain and anguish to people because some hearts are never turned down by Allah and some tears can bring your judgement closer.."
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

The shock of what Ummu Sulaim did still remains in Ummu Maryam's memory. Surely,we should be careful who we associate with. Your best friend today can be your worst enemy tomorrow. All the trust went down the drain. The story of what happened between them has spread all over, all thanks to Latest. Everyone giving his own version of falsehood. Ummu Sulaim bragged of being the one with people to support her and gave them every detail of what has and what will be her next move while Ummu Maryam never gave them a chance to hear a word from her. Gossipers came to her feigning innocence just to hear from her but still she prays for Allah's intervention.

Ummu Sulaim by name Halima Abdullahi is an orphan who lost her father at the age of seven. Originally from Nassarawa state but lived with her family in Portharcourt,Rivers state. Having only one younger sister Sa'adatu who happens to be her step sister. They lived separately after their father's demise as her sister moved to Katsina with her mother while she stayed back with her mother too. A while after,her mother left her all alone with no care or support and moved to Jos where she got married to another man.

That was where her true mystery of life began. Living with her father's best friend wasn't easy,until on a faithful day a woman who was once helped by her father saw her at a wedding two years after her mother left. She asked her of her present condition and without hesitation, she lamented everything to her. That was when she decided to bring her along to Kano where she's currently living.

The woman whom Ummu Sulaim calls Inna took very good care of her. Inna is married to a very nice man but their worry was that they never had any Issue and for that,they resulted to adopting their relatives children whom they picked interest in. He never objected to Ummu Sulaim's stay and he took her as his eldest daughter. Two years after moving to Kano,Inna came in contact with Ummu Sulaim's mother. They spoke at length about all that happened in the past and that she had no reason for leaving her daughter,she just couldn't stand living the rest of her life without a husband and with a daughter,it wasn't going to be easy but she asked Inna to bring Ummu Sulaim over during vacations.

In no time,the school vacations arrived and Ummu Sulaim couldn't hide her happiness because she was meeting her mother again. Since the day she was told about her mother with the reason why she left her excluded,she became very eager for the time to meet her to come but on going there,she found out that her step father didn't consent to her spending the holiday in his house. He asked her mother to send her back to where she came from two days after her arrival and what hurt her the most was her mother did as he said without disagreeing to the fact and that she showed no remorse for what she did. That was the last time she met her then during her wedding. Her God father got married to two women again and they all had the same issue of not giving birth.

They lived peacefully, each of them with one or two children they were adopting and the children's minds blended with one another not until Ummu Sulaim started causing rift between the wives and later the children. Even after knowing who the cause was,he never said a word against her. He always prayed she changes for the better while he tried controlling his house affairs. After she graduated from secondary school, he asked whether she was willing to further her studies but she showed no interest so he decided to marry her off to his friend's son who has been showing interest on her but to his greatest surprise she refused. He was disappointed by her actions but he endured that considering the fact that she was an orphan and she deserved the best.. But her actions grew beyond expectation because she became very disrespectful towards him and her ability to cause problems in his house grew stronger.

He later severed all ties with her because he brought many suitors for her and she kept disgracing and embarrassing him in front of them. Someone he picked from grass and now to grace is the one who doesn't take him as anything. He did many research and consultations to see if she was mentally fit or if she had any spiritual issue but all were negative, it was just sheer insolence and he couldn't take that. He allowed her to live in his house but never to interfere in his personal matters. She poisoned Inna's mind more against her co wives and their kids before she got married to Abu Sulaim(Hamza).