Chapter38

"Just feel it. Like it's been done to you. Only then will you know why people react the way they do"..
-MShehooo💖💖💝.

"Aunty your children are whores" Amrah screamed with tears all over her face and everyone in the room went silent for a while.

"What!!" The one she was referring to asked in shock..

"Yes you heard me" Amrah shouted again giving her a serious look and what everyone heard next shocked them.

A Slap!..

"You slapped me aunty?" Amrah asked trying to confirm if it was real.

"Yes and I will slap you again" she said in a loud tone trying to slap Amrah again..

"Stop!!" Her mother ordered stopping the woman's hand from repeating what it did. The woman's children gathered around,all looking furiously at Amrah.

"Aunt allow us to deal with her" the children begged Ummu Maryam just then,they they heard Fahma's voice echo in the room.

"How easy it is for people to judge others.  How comfortable we are when pointing other people's mistake. How happy we look lamenting the rights and wrongs of others" she strode to where the children were standing and gave them a lopsided grin.

"Does it hurt?" She asked the eldest and they gave her a 'we don't understand look'.." Yes I mean my younger sister's accusations "she explained folding her arms on her chest.

" of course it does"one of them stated rolling her eyes while the rest were fuming with anger.

"Now tell me,what if it went beyond just you the kids" she stated pointing at them with her forefinger. "And it goes to uncle and aunt" she added giving her aunt a quick glance and turning to them.

"Don't you dare-" the eldest threatened in between gritted teeth.

"Oops! I never said so. Astagfirullah" she stated hitting her lips slightly...

"My mother had to take all these. Not just we were insulted this way but both our parents were included and  none of you considered our condition, none of you felt our pain when judging us. Why Aunt?" Maryam whom was standing behind Amrah now spoke. And their aunt and children all looked down in shame.

"Aunty please forgive me,I never meant what I said. I just wanted to show you how you'll feel if you were in our shoes and you see,you reacted way too faster than we did. We took a long time before acting. I am very sorry" Amrah apologized with folded palms.

"I am the one to apologise dear. Please forgive us too" their aunt who was too ashamed to look into their mother's eyes stated.

"No aunt,don't embarrass us please. We're sorry sisters." Fahma apologized too and they waved it off.

Ummu Maryam gave them a smile and left for her room. Fahma looked at her and shook her head.

Since when the news about Fahma's engagement spread around,Ummu Sulaim started attacking them but they never answered her rather, they let her continue her irrelevant rant. She even tried turning Abu Maryam's relatives against them by fabricating lies and narrating what never happened to them. She even went to their houses to narrate how she was beaten to them and ever since they heard that,they started making a fuss out of it. Blurting anything that comes to their mind to Ummu Maryam without investigation. That was why the siblings took that step to explain things at the lowest level without digging hard into it. Fahma was back for the weekends when this happened and she narrated all that happened to her father when they went back to Abuja. He laughed it out at that moment but deep down inside of him,he was hurt. He hated it whenever his relatives try to make life unbearable for his family because he promised to fight for them in every situation.