14

it's the same day, minho and jisung decide to walk home together since they trail in the same direction. but minho is quiet for most of the time, jisung who is rambling on about hyunjin and seungmin as he is gleaming proudly as if he's discovered a potential relationship between the two. but it was all just a for a fun tease, both boys knew. but minho had other ideas in mind, especially when it came to pointing fingers at hyunjin. he didn't seem quite fine, yet had no intentions to exclaim his feelings. he suddenly changed when hearing the specific word.

platonic.

platonic feelings are normal, you could act all lovingly towards another but still claim to feel for them in a friendly way when asked romantically. there was no lust, only affection that wasn't near sexual. but seungmin didn't seem to have any romantic feelings towards hyunjin, it was quite obvious. seungmin was a boy full of life, someone who was always ready to go and be set free. he didn't seem like the type, to simply settle down. but assumptions weren't what minho wanted to make, so he stays quiet when it comes to those two boys. he's lost within jisung's words, trying to connect them together as he's dozing off within his mind. until jisung snaps his fingers in front of his face, he was startled at first but turns to look at the younger. "yes?" he questions softly.

"were you listening? you seemed to be dozing off." jisung questions, worrisome in his voice. "not that it's a big deal if you're listening, but are you feeling well?"

minho shrugs, "I don't really want to lie to you.." he starts off scratching the back of his neck while they walk, jisung somewhat stiffens afraid of the words that will come out of his mouth. "it's about hyunjin and seungmin, I could recall from the beginning that you were talking about them. but..."

"but what?" jisung whispers softly, gripping onto his bag to settle down the anxiousness.

minho sighs, he lets out a little laugh not wanting to sound like a nosy friend butting in. "didn't you notice how hyunjin suddenly changed? his forced laugh, calm yet not collective self within. he didn't seem right." minho explains, and jisung forms an 'o' shape with his mouth understanding the situation.

"I see." jisung's racing heart finally steps on the breaks and slows down. he shrugs, "I wasn't really paying attention. but that was a good catch, I don't really have a clue to what hyunjin feels towards seungmin."

"before were they close? like any signs?"

jisung shakes his head, "they acted like friends, the line between friends and crushing it seemed as if they both never crossed it." jisung puts a finger to his lip, "in all honesty, I never would have thought hyunjin would have a thing for vice president. but the unexpected is somewhat expected."

"yeah, it's been on my mind as we've been walking. sorry if I missed anything important."

a blush comes across jisung's face, he shakes his head. "no..you didn't.." he tells, "but you seemed to be worried about him a lot. have you experienced something like hyunjin? I mean, if it's true about him liking seungmin and it just being platonic."

"w—well.." minho spits out, he looks at jisung's rosy cheeks that are puffed up. his eyes sparkle, seeming to be waiting for the right answer. but he doesn't understand why the boy is looking at him with such a gaze, it wasn't long ago that he claimed to hate pretty boys. "I...I don't know."

"what do you mean?" jisung questions, disappointment drips from his voice as he talks. "I mean! I wouldn't want you to experience that, but you've never crushed on anyone?"

"have you?" the older boy shoots back, jisung slightly freezes but regains himself in seconds.

"you know how I was, claiming to hate pretty and hot boys. in all honesty, it's the one idea idea that set me back when it came to love. maybe because I thought due to girls and guys born with ethereal visuals, I had this belief that they'd only love someone as gorgeous as them.." jisung finally admits, "I've been called out for some things, such as I represent a squirrel, to my cheeks being too chubby when I was younger. you'd think those features would be cute but some just turned them into a negative aspect about yourself. I didn't like it, to in cliché movies how the pretty girl is always rude to those below her. and her jock boyfriend can't just simply see right through it. the main character who supposedly isn't as beautiful as her, which is always a lie, everyone had their own features that make them stand out, believe no one will like them. suddenly the jock falls in love with the—"

minho starts waving his hands around, "okay! okay!" he says with a little smile, "I understand now. did you think due to my looks you wouldn't be good enough for me?"

"due to my looks I wouldn't be good enough to stand right next to you." jisung shamelessly admits, hyunjin had been scolding me for quite a while, a part of me was shouting he was right, but I'm stubborn and hardheaded. it's not easy to believe things in such a little amount of time." he sighs once more, but looks at minho and smiles to the older. "but boys like you and hyunjin aren't what grade school jisung thought you would be, so I guess this is a little apology.."

"no worries." minho accepts without any hesitation, "you had a reason, I don't blame you. we all go through things and experience different situations that tend to hammer things into our mind... you're a really good guy jisung, I'll tell you that."

jisung's stomach starts to churn, he can't help but smile like a goofball and notice how close they were to his home. a couple more steps and they arrive at the front. "this is my stop." jisung states, minho looks over and nods.

"I'm not far." minho tells, "I'll text you once I get home."

"cool, see you." jisung swiftly plays off, he walks towards his door and in the corner of his eye, he watches minho walk away. pulling out his keys to open the door, he steps inside his home letting out a harsh sigh. han jisung, for fifteen years of claiming to hate hot boys had now been broken due to one. he hated stating defeat, but this is where he'd see hyunjin doing a small happy dance.

because slowly, lee minho was breaking down his walls.