Volant | Jack

Volant | Author of 'Jack' 

What inspired you to write your first book? 

Well, my first book I wrote two years ago. It was a small romance and it was inspired by The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (long name I know!). But what inspired me to begin writing in the first place was The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness; I thought it was amazing and really changed my view on books. So from then on I strived to write something like his work. and then I discovered how much writing helped me.

Do you have a specific writing style? 

I like to keep my writing exciting, nothing boring. If that even counts as a style! But I like to think I have a unique writing style, something I've worked on for a long time.

If you had a chance would you change your current life and being on wattpad with a lot of following?

Nope, never. Its really cool for my book to be so liked, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

which authors or books have inspired you the most and gave you motivation whether on wattpad or published?

There is a particular book called Into That Forest by Louis Nowra that just blew me away and whenever I forgot how I want to write, I go back to that book :)

How did you come up with the title?

Usually I'm too excited about a new story and I get all caught up to even think of titles; so in just let it come to me. And most times they're simple.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

That not all love is romantic or easy, that there is tragedy and trials hidden beneath the hand holding and loving words.

Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?

Ones with lots of dialogue, I don't think I'm very good at it. And its something I want to get better at.

What is something you want to accomplish before you die?

I want to have traveled well, and to publish a book that I'm proud of!

which literary character can you see yourself as and relate to?

Tom, from The Light Between Oceans though I am a woman. He had a firm head on his shoulders, and tried to think of everyone he loves. But with that he had conflicted feelings, and a messy head.  another thing I think we have in common is that we value the different of right and wrong.

where do you see yourself after 10 years?

Married, set in my ways, with a few babies. And it sounds amazing to me.

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

Oh that's a tough one!

Charlotte: Britt Robertson. I think she would play her perfectly.

Jack: Logan Lerman. Because who doesn't love Logan Lerman?

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Read, bake desserts, I have animals so I play with them. But most of the time I'm writing!

What does your family think of your writing?

And they all support me so much, recently my sister read Jack and loved it! My mom did as well its amazing to have such a support system.

Do you have a message for your readers?

I want to thank them for what they've given to me; the pleasure of updating and reading their excitement for my story. Everyone who has read my story is wonderful, and they make my day, every day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~