Dele Alli [~] Thank You

*sirens in the distance*
"Oh no...they're almost here. I hear it's terrible." Said a nurse as she sped through the halls of the hospital. I walked past her perplexed. "Hey Dani, what are they talking about?" I asked one of the other nurses. "They said a guy named Dele Alli is seriously injured. He was in a bad car crash and is in a very serious condition. The doctors think he won't survive." I looked at her worried. I recognized the name the moment she said it and felt a pain in the stomach. He had been one of my favorite soccer players so it would hurt to see him leave so young. I heard the ambulance arrive and immediately everyone got ready to help him out. He got moved into a room and doctors were surrounding him and observing what was wrong with him. After a while the doctors came out to us since some nurses weren't allowed in there and I unfortunately was one of them.

"Unfortunately, I have good and bad news for everyone. The good news is that we found out what's wrong with him. The bad news is that we don't know how to help him." I felt my heart drop. I didn't feel so good. After, the doctor explained what was wrong with him. Everyone stayed quiet. It seemed as if no one cared about helping him. "Excuse me. I think I might be able to help him." I said. "Really? Alright then let's get you moving." I quickly got into the room and put myself to work. I couldn't believe I was actually with Dele Alli! I mean I didn't want to meet him this way but I guess it had to be like this.

After a while I had finished. I felt so proud. The doctors supervising clapped once they saw that I had saved his life.  "Now we just have to wait till he wakes up. Great job (Y/N)! We're proud of you." Said one of the doctors. Once again they started to cheer. 

*a week later*
"I'm so nervous! What if he doesn't wake up. It's been a week already." I exclaimed nervously. "He will wake up (Y/N). I know it and when he does..." Said one of the nurses as she nudged my shoulder. "Oh stop it! It won't be like that." I said even though I was hoping it would. I giggled at the thought.

*some hours later*

Doctors were running all over the place. "What's going on?" I asked one of the nurses. "We heard Dele Alli finally woke up!" I felt really happy! A doctor ran up to me. "(Y/N) we need you in room 126. The patient will like to see you." Said a doctor. "Of course!" I said. I felt so nervous. He opened the door for me to come in. Dele still had some scars and injuries but I still admired the way he looked. "Hi." He said. The doctor got out and closed the door. "Hi. How are you feeling?" I asked. "I feel great. I just wanted to say thanks for saving my life. I don't know what I would've done without you. I probably would've not been here right now." He said. "No don't say that! You would probably still be here. We have some of the best doctors here." I exclaimed. "And some of the best nurses too." He said. He made me blush. Man! What was wrong with me. "So why aren't you a doctor? You have the skills for it." He asked. "I really wanted to be one but my family didn't have the money for it so I wasn't able to go as far as I wanted in life." I sighed as I looked down. "I'm so sorry." He said sadly. "Well it's okay. I still get to help out others and if I wouldn't have been a nurse, I probably wouldn't have met you." I said smiling. "True." He smiled. "So...I never got your name." He said. "Oh right. How rude of me. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." I said smiling. "Well hi (Y/N). I'm Dele Alli. It's really nice to meet you." He said. "It's nice to meet you too Dele." I said smiling at him. "So I was wondering, when I recover of course, if you would like to...um...maybe go out sometime?" He asked nervously. I grinned at him. "Of course. I would love to go out with you." I said happily. I went up to hug him and he looked really happy. It was like he hadn't smiled in a long time. "Why do you look so happy?" I asked smiling at him.

"Well there's something that no one knows about the car crash." He stopped for a second. I could see fear and sadness in his eyes. It made me want to cry too. "On the day of the car crash...my mother was killed and I had found out that my girlfriend had been cheating on me the entire time." He then started sobbing. "I'm so sorry Dele. I didn't know. I wish I could've done something." I said as I started to tear up. "Now you're going to make me cry." "I'm sorry (Y/N)." He said as he chuckled. "I just wanted to be far from everyone. Away from the world. I just wanted to be.....dead." He said quietly. "But then when I crashed, I knew that it was the end for me but soon you saved me and I knew that there was a reason to live for." He said. "And what reason was that." I asked. "You..." He said smiling.