Keith eyed the gigantic knife in the boy's hands, then to the bandages on his arms, and spotted some just on his ankles.

Lance tried to hide the giant knife behind his back, despite Keith already seeing it.

"Hey.. Lance." Keith said, trying to look behind the boy, "What'cha got there?"

Lance chuckled nervously, the sound foreign to the both of them, "Oh nothin.." Lance smiled nervously.

"Don't tell me you were.." Keith trailed off.

Lance quickly changed the subject, "What're you doing here? I have things to do.." He snapped the last part.

Keith glared at Lance, "Don't lie to me. Both you and I know that you were going to kill yourself."

Lance panicked and tried to make a new mask, "Hey, hey! Let's not jump to conclusions, buddy!" Lance tried to say cheerfully.

The other paladins, hearing the conversation due to Keith's helmet, immediately rushed back to the castle.

"Lance! Lance we're coming back!" Shiro shouted, Lance hearing this.

Lance suddenly turned and bolted to where the airlock was, "Y-You can't stop me!" Lance felt himself tearing up, and starting to cry right after, "T-This wasn't supposed to happen! You weren't supposed to find out! You aren't supposed to stop me, and you aren't supposed to care! You aren't supposed to be here, and you aren't going to stop me!" He yelped as he tripped, the knife digging itself into the floor a little, denting it.

Keith tackled the boy, "No!" He roared, grabbing the knife and chucking it away.

Lance screeched and kicked, Keith pinning him to the ground by his wrists.

After a few minutes of Lance thrashing around, Keith noticed that his cuts were opening up.

"Lance why do you do this to yourself?" Keith whispered sadly.

Lance started to chuckle softly, "Because I don't deserve to live. I mean, why else would you guys treat me like shit? That's the only explanation right? The only reason why you guys seemed to always tell me to shut up. The only reason why you guys favored everyone but me. The reason why you guys can't have a good time when I'm around." Lance felt tears streaming down his face, "C'mon Keith. Both you and I know that this is what we all want. The universe, voltron, and I. We all want me, a walking garbage can, to die."

He paused and chuckled hoarsely, "Maybe this can be the only thing I can do to make you guys happy."

Then, his gaze turned bitter.

"And somehow I managed to fuck it up." He brought his hands up to cover his face, "Only Lance McClain can fuck up trying to kill himself."

Lance felt something wet drip onto his hands, and peeked through his fingers to see Keith crying.

"Lance.. Lance please." Keith buried his head into Lance's shirt, "Don't go. I-I'm sorry. I won't do it again.."

Lance felt anger well up inside of him, "I don't care, Keith!" He snarled angrily, "You never cared before, and now you care? Right when I'm just about done with.. with living??"

They both heard the lions land into their hangars, followed by a group of people running to where they were.

"L-Lance you've got it wrong!" Keith cried, "I never stopped caring, and I never hated you!"

Lance quickly made a new mask when his "team" walked in, "Hello, sir." He said to Shiro despite being pinned to the floor by Keith.

Shiro's heart dropped at the sight of the bloody bandages around his arms, "L-Lance.. why?"

"I know you all aren't stupid."

Lance's voice was sharper than the knife he tried to kill himself with.

"You all isolated me, pushed me to the edge, and now right when I'm about to fall, you all suddenly regret it?" Lance started laughing again, "If this isn't what you want, then what do you want?" His voice cracked.

Lance sobbed into his hands, "I don't know what to do! When I'm with you guys, being my real self, you guys despise it! But when I'm trying to get rid of he pest!! You guys stop me!!" He shoved Keith off and ran down the corridor.

"Don't let him get to the airlock!" Shiro shouted.

Pidge used her bayard to yank him back, Lance yelping, clawing at the ground.

Hunk's heart almost stopped when he saw the floor get stained red, Lance's cuts open.

"Lance.." Shiro trailed off, "please give us another chance. Please," he begged the paladin who refused to look at them all.

A sniffle came from Lance's direction, "I just want to die.." he choked out a sob, "P-Please.."

And right then and there, the Paladins realized that his mask broke.

And they were determined to fix it.