“I love you.”

Had I just heard her say that? I felt a mass of butterflies fill my stomach as I heard what Olivia had just said as she slept. But when I turned to look down at her, those two hazel gems were already open and looking back up at me. She’d been awake? Olivia had just said that she loved me?

A rush of heat washed through me and a tingling sensation had formed in my stomach. Without even thinking twice, my hands were up on either side of Olivia’s face, and soon enough, my lips crashed down on hers.

I felt her kiss back and she began to pull me closer to her as her arms snaked up and around my neck. I love you. Olivia’s last words spun round in my head as I felt her hot breath in my mouth and her soft lips on mine. She had the exact same feelings for me that I had for her, yet she’d been brave enough to declare her love for me first.

Slowly, I pulled my lips from hers and for a few moments, we sat opposite each other. Olivia’s arms still around my neck, and my forehead pressed onto hers. Once we had both gotten our breath back, I looked back at her.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to be the first one to say that.” I gazed right into her eyes and felt the tingling return. But I had to hold on just a little longer, I had to control myself enough to say it back.

“Olivia-, I love you too.” She beamed up at me and when I thought I’d be the one to lose that self-control first, Olivia was already pulling me back down to her, and our lips met for a second time.

Eventually, we both reluctantly pulled ourselves out of the embrace and settled back into our seats. Olivia placed her head on my shoulder, and I rested my head on hers. I heard her breathing slow and knew that she must have finally fallen asleep. Then, within just a few minutes, my own eyes grew heavy and with the rhythm of Olivia’s breathing, I soon found myself drifting off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small hard object hit the side of my face and caused me to sit straight up in my seat. Olivia lifted herself upright and looked around seeming a little dazed. I didn’t actually know what had woken me up and whether something had actually hit me. As soon as I went to rub my forehead where I had felt the prick of pain, something else hit me right on my cheek.

“Ow.” I picked up the little item being used as a weapon and found that it was a skittle. Someone was throwing skittles around? As soon as that thought popped into my head, I knew where it was coming from.

I looked up from my seat and saw Louis looking back over his with a little grin. So, Louis had decided to wake me up by throwing sweets at me. Haha, typical.

I was about to get up from my seat and go on over to give him a piece of my mind when I heard a little bell sound in the cabin. The seatbelt sign lit up, so I sat back down and buckled myself in.

“Are we landing?” Olivia asked timidly as she searched for my hand and tangled our fingers together.

“Seems like it.” I saw her take a little breath as she leaned back in her seat and avoided looking out of the window, where the ground below was getting ever closer.

She was still pretty nervous so I made my hand grip hers tighter. Reassuring her that everything would be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Olivia’s P.O.V~

“Great, would you look at that?!” I said to the rest of the guys and Maria when we were about to head out of the airport. “First day back in England and it’s peeing it down.” It was pretty disappointing to be honest. Why did it have to go and rain?