Chapter Ten

-Hey guys. I'm getting more into this whole writing thing, so I'm gonna try to be more professional about this. This book is definitely on it's way, so keep reading!-

-Whitney's POV-

"AGH!" screamed a voice that seemed to come from behind me.

Well, that was a nice way to wake up. Screams coming from where I can't see them. And plus, it was so dark, I poked myself in the eye to make sure my eyes weren't still closed. My head throbbed.

Then I remembered what happened.

"M-mingus!" I whispered.

"Hey, hey... Shhhh. You gotta be quiet. She'll hear you..." The sound of his raspy voice startled me.

I moved towards where his voice came from. I felt his arm and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Mingus, whe-"

"Shhhh... We can't talk. She'll hear."

Okay, I'm pretty sure he's being an absolute lunatic or he knows what he's talking about.

I'm gonna go with lunatic.

I really needed a way to communicate with him. This was pretty important. I felt around in my pocket for my phone. My heart sank when I discovered that it had been shattered. My head throbbed even more. I rested my head on Mingus's shoulder and hoped that I could just fall asleep, and wake up from this nightmare.

Just as I slipped in and out of conciousness, the lights got turned on. Boy, did that adjitate my head.

"Well well, well. Goodmorning sleeping beauty. How did my lovely sleep?" said a womans voice.

"Well, just fine actu-" I started.

"Not you!" She hissed. "Oh, my baby is finally with me!"

The woman stepped into the room. I could not believe who was standing in front of me.

"Well, Helena. You haven't changed a bit. Still phsycotic, I see!" Mingus said with a certain sharpness to his voice.

"How dare you talk to your mother that way!" She screamed.

"I wouldn't talk to you like this if you weren't such a bitch. I mean, seriously. You really didn't have to capture me and my girlfriend like that. I would'v-"

"Wait, hold up. GIRLFRIEND?" Helena hissed. "You are WAY too young to be dating girls! Don't you remember what I taught you as a kid? Girls are bad!"

"That definitely explains why you kidnapped us." I scoffed.

She stomped towards me. By the time she had reached me, she had her hand drawn all the way back. She smacked me as hard as she could across my face. Tears welled in my eyes because it stung so bad.

"C-careful old lady. Wouldn't want you hurting yourself." I muttered. She spit in my direction and left the room. I stuck my tongue out at her.

When the old hag closed the door, Mingus turned to me and insisted he look at my face where she slapped me. He touched it, and I winced. He kissed the bruise lightly. "I am SO sorry you got dragged into all of this..."

"Don't be. I've wanted to tell her off like that for SO long, it ain't even funny." I laughed.

He laughed as well. But when he did, his face twisted up in agony. "Agh, my head KILLS."

"Yeah, mine too. But hey, do you know where that scream came from? It sounded like it came from behind us, but there's just wall behind us." I said.

"Yeah, I heard it too. I don't know where it came from though, I was actually going to ask her. But then you opened a can of whoop-ass-from-the-mouth all over her, so I didn't really want to butt in."

I laughed and laid myself out on the floor. When I was doing so, I realized that my ribs ached. A lot. I sat back up and pulled the side of my Pittsburgh Penguins sweatshirt up and saw that my ribs were a blue-black color. "That can't be good." I whispered.

His face went pale when he caught sight of my ribs. "They're broken. And have been for a long time..."

"B-but how? We've only been here for a few hours, right?" I started to panic.

"I-I don't know... But I woke up about 7 hours ago, if my calculations are right." He sighed.

"Does your phone still work?"

He felt around in his pocket and pulled out an iPhone 5s that had an otter box on it. He clicked it on and-

"Yes. Thank god."

"Well, what's the date today?" I asked, a sliver oh hope lingering my heart.

He became weak. "T-today's t-th-the 29th of J-july..."

"What was the date when we were kidnapped?!" I panicked.

"T-the 17th, I think. I don't even have cell service here either... We're either way out of the city, or deep underground."

I looked at Mingus's phone to make sure he wasn't lying. The time said 3:57am, and the date was July 29th, 2014.

I dropped his phone in my lap and passed out.