제 9 장

A

        " Congratulations Ms.Jackson for completing your requirements and officially being certified as an educator" My co-workers and Mrs.Kim applauded as I am handed my certificate by a staff member. I smiled proudly. I had finally exceeded my goals. The sense of accomplishment and triumph overwhelmed me. I accomplished something no one in my family's generation ever could. When they said I would fail, and I'd live on my knees, down and defeated, I have prevailed and succeeded way past expectation. I hadn't let obstacles in my life set me back, instead I used it as motivation and drive, to push me to where I am now.

   We all cut a cake, and took a lot of pictures. I felt ecstatic in my beautiful silky blue dress. " You look so pretty today " Ms.Oh says with a tight smile. I bowed lightly, not vocalizing my thanks. Suddenly, his hands were on my hips pulling me against him, cinnamon. I smiled broadly and turned around. " Jae? What are you doing here?"It was like everyone in the room tensed when Jae kissed my lips sweetly. " I thought I'd surprise you" I didn't even notice that he had flowers in his hand. I smiled and soaked in the smell of him. " Jae I am so happy that you here but what are you doing here?" I asked slightly embarrassed at everyone staring us down. He kissed me in front of so much people.
   " I came to celebrate my woman's special day, with her who I love" I bit my lips. I looked up at him quite shocked. " What did you say?" I asked him. Before he could answer Mrs.Kim speaks, " Beautiful couple, on a beautiful day. I am so emotional. I am truly happy for you Athena. You are truly a brilliant young woman" She praises and I bowed lightly and I smiled sweetly at her. I felt my eyes water. She offered a hug and I took it hugging her back. Jae whispers in my ear.
" I am so proud of you" and my tears slipped. He caught them before they fell and He smiles broadly. In the corner of my eyes, Ms.Oh stares holes into Jae's face. I cleared my throat and she glances at me.

"We should celebrate tonight, dinner and karaoke, what do you think?" My co-worker suggests and I nodded in agreement. They all erupted in cheers and I turned to Jae. " Will you come along?" I ask him, he bites his lips and looks at me apologetically. " I'm sorry darling , I'm working until late with my father at the office" He says running his fingers through his thick locks of raven colored hair. " Alright, I'll go straight home after then" I say and he shakes his head. " No , I'll be home before you go to bed. I want you at my apartment when you are finished, we'll celebrate later tonight just the two of us" He says in promising tone of voice. I knew what he meant it.

"Can I have a word with you?"Ms.Oh asks Jae. Jae nods hesitantly and turns to me. " Go Greer your new class, give us a moment, I'll join you in a minute" He instructs before cupping my cheeks and kissing my lips. I nodded and Mrs.Kim takes my arm and leads me down the hall.

               •.                  •.                 •

  Jae pov.

  " What is it Seo-yun?"

" Have you lost your mind? I thought you were done with that girl? Why are you parading around with her and making my father look bad?" Seo-yun hisses at me and I clenched my jaw. "My father's image has nothing to do with you. And Athena doesn't make me look bad, so watch your tongue" I warned calmly, not letting this woman blow my cool. "It mattersto me because your father is my superior and I respect h—-

—I sincerely do not care about what you think of him. You'd better mind your own business and stick to teaching, Athena is mine and you are not gonna change that" I exclaimed folding my arms over my chest. She glared at me and turned away. She then digs in her purse and pulls out her phone and browses through it before shoving it in my face. I become frozen the moment I saw what was displayed on the screen.

  Athena's heavenly moans of pleasure echoed throughout the room, although very muffled. I watched as Athena rode my hips clutching my shoulders as I thrusted into her in that parking lot that day. I snatched her phone and stare horrifically at the scene displayed. " If you do not leave that girl alone, I will send that to your father, or a production team and maybe blur your face out of it" She threatens folding her hands over chest. I clenched my jaw and I stared at the phone. " So just listen to me this doesn't have to be like th——

I slammed the phone against the wall. She gasps and looks in utter shock at her now broken phone. I was not foolish though, I knew she would be able to recover data from a cracked phone. I walked over to the fish tank in the corner of the room and dropped it right inside. The fishes scurried around the tank and I smiled in satisfactory. " Are you out of your mind?" She yells at me. I smiled broadly at her. " No, I am in love" with that I turned and I see Athena with widened eyes at the door. I winked at her, and she tilts her head to the side.
" You have what is coming to you! Mark my words, you will never be able to be with her comfortably, never!" She yells at me. Athena opens the door and walks in.
" You are despicable, and you are trash. You are not anything less that disgraceful and disgusting. You don't deserve to teach children of a new generation, you don't deserve to work here!" I yelled causing Athena to be startled not expecting me to yell.

" You are fired'' I say calmly.