"Guys really?" I hear Colby say from the other room. Then I hear feet quickly pad against the wooden floor.

"Y/N.." I hear a familiar voice and then the next moment I feel arms wrap around my frame. "C-Colby.." I choke out and I begin to cry.

"Shhh shhh hey hey it's okay. I'm right here." I hear Colby say calmly as he strokes my hair softly.

I choke out a few sobs and when I feel as if I am finally able to collect myself I let go of him. I wipe my tears I look up at Colby. He gives me a sorrowful look. He gently rubs the sides of my arms in comfort.

"Lets call it a night okay?" He says and he gives me a sad smile. I nod and Colby lets go of me. "I'll go tell everyone." Colby walks away. I hear a bit of chatter for a few moments and then the pads of feet against the floor.

Colby appears from around the corner and he smiles. He puts an arm around me and we walk to the back door. He opens the door and we leave the house. We walk to my seperate room and open the door. I walk in after Colby lets me go.

"Th-Thank you Colby." I say as I look up at him. He smiles and nods "Goodnight Y/N, and if you need anything just come up to my room okay? Any time of the night and I'll be there for you."

I smile and nod, it helped a lot knowing someone was there for me. We say our goodnights and I shut the door and get ready for bed.

[Time skip]

Its gotten me. I feel a tight and unsafe grip on my shoulders. I scream in fear as the thing forces me away from my friends.

"Y/N!" Colby yells as he outstretches his arm towards me. "Colby!" I let out a yelled choked sob. The beast has me by the other arm, I am inches away from Colby.

I couldn't resist any longer and I was whisked in the darkness. My screaming is the last heard sound.

I jolt awake, my heart racing and my breaths are frantic. I feel cold sweat running down my head and I place a hand on my chest to try and calm myself down.

"Just a nightmare. Just a nightmare." I repeat to calm down. I look around my dark room. The only light coming from the back porch light that was seeping through my window.

I grab my phone and look at the time. "3:04." I read, "Of course.. A nightmare at the most haunted hour." I sigh.

I unlock my phone and go to my texts. I open Colby and I's texts. I stare at my keyboard for a moment. I begin to type in "Hey just wondering if you were up?" I shake my head and erase the message.

"I don't wanna bother him or something.." I sigh, however then I see little dots pop up and move, the signal that Colby was texting me.

Colby: I was just thinking of texting you too. :P

Me: I didn't know if you were up so I didn't say anything •.•

Colby: I usually am up late. What about you? How come you're up so late?

I sighed 'Should I tell him the truth?' I shook my head and thought it was pointless to hide this.

Me: I just had a weird nightmare is all. It's great I have one at the most haunted hour of the night right? :')

Colby: I can come down there and hang out with you for a bit if it helps?

I blush a bit and my heart felt like it was rising a bit in my chest.

Me: Oh don't worry about it, I don't want you to have to leave such a comfortable bed lol.

Colby: Whaaa? Don't even worry about it I'll be down there in a few :)

My heard started to beat faster and I got up. I went straight to my mirror and I fixed my hair. I went and turned on a lamp. I then looked at what I was wearing and realized I was wearing a tank top and shorts.

I heard a small knock at my door, too late to change now.

________________________

Hope you enjoyed! I know I ask for votes n comments all the time but thats so I can receieve feedback and to have motivation to write books like these. So if you did enjoy please lemme know by leaving a vote or comment ( or even both if you really wuv me ❤ jk 😂)