09 ➵ Vlog #2

Vlog #2 (Friday)

-

[to: boy with great teeth]

uh, hi isaac.. i have to cancel our plans for today. we're going to visit my grandma and yeah. but we should definitely meet saturday or sunday, if that's okay? i'm really sorry :(

I felt bad lying to him. 

He seemed like such a nice person and also a good friend but I just started to ruin a friendship before it even started. Maybe I was overreacting but we didn't even knew each other well and I was already lying to him.

I could tell him the truth and say that I had to cancel our plans because I had to find the boy I was obsessing over. It sounded a little bit weird, though and he would probably think that I was crazy.

[from: boy with great teeth]

it's okay, really :) let's meet tomorrow at 10, i'll meet you at dunkin' donuts x

[to: boy with great teeth]

okay thanks, sorry again and i'll be there :) x

It was 10am right now and usually I wouldn't be awake that early but the fact that Calum could land in Los Angeles anytime soon made me excited and kept me awake. 

I talked to Luke last night and he said he couldn't go and look for Calum with me because his mum made him babysit his little cousins, but he wished me good luck.

I ate some breakfast and talked to my dad a little bit.

"So, are there any boys that you like at the moment?" he asked.

"Dad, why do you want to know? It's not like you've been interested in my love life before," I said and took a bite from my Nutella sandwich. I almost moaned because it was so good. I held it in, though, because it would be weird to moan next to my dad.

"I know I wasn't but know I am."

I laughed, "Makes a lot of sense. But no, there's no boy I like."

"What about this Luke guy that came over?"

"Luke? He's just a friend. In fact, he's my best friend and he already has a crush on someone, so that wouldn't work out anyway. The fact that he lives like two hours from here doesn't make it better either," I explained.

He just nodded and continued reading his car or sports newspaper, or whatever dads read while drinking coffee in the morning.

✧ ✧

"I'm going out, see you later," I shouted and closed the door behind me.

The sun was burning on my skin and I hated it. I decided to ignore it somehow and plugged in my head phones, listening to some of my favorite stuff which included Taylor Swift's new song.

It was my guilty pleasure, really.

I walked around town for a little bit until I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket.

@CalumHood: i'm walking 'round la now, come and find me 😋💞

"May the odds be ever in my favor," I whispered to myself and checked some of the famous places in Los Angeles. I didn't find him there and after another hour of just walking around I got slightly annoyed.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked Twitter, trying to find out if someone already found him and they actually did. A lot of people did.