Joining the Jaureguis

Your POV

"Babyyy!" Lauren whines from downstairs on the couch. I get up from my desk and lean against the door frame. "Yes love?!"

"C'mereee!" I laugh and shake my head at her antics before making my way downstairs. Lifting up her legs, I flop down onto the couch besides her. She returns her legs to their previous position, this time on top of my lap.

"What's up babe?" I gently massage her calves while looking at what she's watching on TV.

She smiles sweetly, almost a little too much. "I just missed you." I scan over her face trying to read her actions. "Mhmm is that so?" Lauren just chuckles and nods. "I've only been upstairs about 20 minutes."

"And what about it?" She now sits up and holds onto me. "Am I not allowed to miss my beautiful girlfriend?"

I smirk and kiss her forehead. "What is it Laur?" That's when a cheeky smile graces her lips in excitement. "Well since you asked...."

"Oh boy." I playfully mumble under my breath.

"My family wants to meet you." My mouth run dry and my eyes widen. I begin getting chills, goosebumps sprinkle over my arms.

"Your what wants to what now ?!!"

Lauren ignores my reaction. "Tomorrow at 7. Don't dress up or anything."

"We're having dinner?! Lauren I can't." I shake my head rapidly. She moves above me and puts one leg on each side of my body. "And why is that?"

I gulp "What if they don't like me? What if they can't stand me? They'll kick me out. I'll cry myself to sleep. I don't wanna disappoint them."

Her soft hands make their way to my face, holding it gently. "Baby you're stressing too much. You're gonna be fine ok? You treat me well and we love each other. That's all that matters"

I shake my head "Nuh uh. You're dad is a scary big guy. I'm no fool." She falls into my shoulder in a fit of giggles. "He's a softie, he won't hurt you mi amor."

I sigh and hold Lauren tight. I trust what she says but I'm just so nervous. Small kisses are soon placed in my neck and jawline. "I love you Y/N/N."

"I love you too Lo." I trace imaginary circles on her back as she rests in my arms.

"Ya know.. my mom already loves you."

"Really?" I question with surprised smile.

"Yep, she's really excited about tomorrow. When she called earlier she kept asking what foods you like so we could have it for dinner."

I pout "Aw that's really sweet. She didn't need to go through all that trouble."

I feel Lauren smile against my neck. "She wants to make sure you feel welcome. After all, you're gonna be part of the family."

In that moment reality truly dawns on me; this is the beginning of the rest of my life, with the most beautiful woman imaginable. From here Lauren and I will move in together and start our own family later.

Lauren's breathing gradually becomes steady making me guess she's fast asleep. I slowly grab the remote and lower the TV volume then join my girlfriend in a slumber.

—Next Day—

I wake up covered in a blanket with a pillow under my head. I turn onto my side and curl up. It's too warm to even think about getting up anytime soon.

"Cutie piieee." I hear Lauren say softly. She squats beside the couch before running her hand over my cheek. Lauren places a few small pecks on my lips and I can't help but smile. She giggles "I know you're awake."

I shake my head and keep my eyes closed  "Nuh uh I'm Snow White, I need a true love's kiss." I pucker my lips. Lauren caves in and gives me a long passionate kiss.

I stretch out my arms and yawn. When I open my eyes I'm face to face with my beautiful goddess. "Nothing beats waking up to this beautiful view. I'm so lucky." A blush covers her cheeks and she gently pushes my shoulder.

"Shut up you goofball. Get some clothes on so we can go get groceries." Lauren kisses my head and makes her way upstairs.

I sit up and sigh. "Tonight's the big night.." I mumble under my breath.

While we were at the store we picked up a few vegetables that Mrs. Jauregui needed for dinner tonight. I kept grabbing snacks that were very necessary in my opinion. All of the basic needs for a household; cookies, pizza rolls, fruit punch, and starburst. To my dismay Lauren disagreed and made me put it back.

Now we're leaving my place and heading to the Jauregui household. Lauren is driving because I needed to distract myself from my nerves. My leg was bouncing up and down as if I had chugged three energy drinks.

Lauren glances over at me "Babe?"

"Yeah?" I reply in a soft voice.

"Are you ok love? If you don't wanna go we can turn around." 

"No, no I'm fine. It's just that... this a huge deal. It's a big step for us Lo."

"Regardless of how tonight goes remember I'm still going to love you as much as I have since day one."

I reach out and hold Lauren's hand. "Thank you baby, I love you too." I lean over the center console and kiss her cheek. Taking a few minutes collect my thoughts, I rest my head back and close my eyes.

After a while I feel the car come to a stop and Lauren takes the key out of the ignition. "You ready Y/N/N?" I take a deep breath and sit up.

"Let's do this."

————————————————

I made this pretty quick surprisingly enough. Anyway share the story if you like it. Part 2 coming soon.

Love ya 😘