Long(er) Distance?

Your POV

Today is the day! I finally get to see my girlfriend Lauren after five months.

You see, Lauren and I had been together for eight months before I moved to North Carolina to get my masters in business journalism.

It was rough on me because Lauren practically sent me away before I could make up my mind. I didn't want to leave her in Miami while she was on break but she said, and I quote "I already have my dream, so it's now or never for you."

I didn't fall for that at all.

It was the adorable puppy eyes and soft baby voice that had me under a spell.

So I've be in North Carolina for a more than three years and I'm graduating soon.

Lauren and the girls are in town though and I promised to pick them up from the airport. Which leads me to present time right now, sitting and waiting for the girls.

"Flight 72A has officially landed." A female voice sounds off in the lightly populated airport.

Great that's their flight! Only a few more minutes to go. I feel like I should've bought them something. They've been working so hard with this tour and everything.

I look at my watch. "It'll probably only take me five minutes." I mumble before quickly going into the shop and buying flowers.

I hear fans screaming and shouting, which is honestly not a lot since it's about three in the morning.

I make my way out the to the gate and I see the girls taking pictures with fans as other confused people just try to squeeze through the  small crowd. Looking around I notice that Lauren is nowhere in sight.

Maybe she's still on the plane and just packing up.

As the fans walk away the girls make their way over to me. "Y/N!!!" They shout while tackling me in a big hug. I laugh while stumbling almost hitting the ground. "Girls!... Girls I can't breathe!"

They all step away but one small body still clings onto me. I smile softly while rubbing her back. "Camila you can get off me I'm not going anywhere." Her head shakes vigorously against me. "I have to make up for lost tiiiimmee!!" Camila whines out.

I laugh and pull her off like gorilla tape off of a box as she pouts. Placing my hand over her face with a chuckle, I look at the other girls. "So where's Lauren?" I grin.

"Uh how are we supposed to know?" Normani asks confused. "You guys flew here together duh." I laugh softly. They've gotta be pranking me.

"No Lauren got here a few days ago.." Dinah looks to Camila then to Ally as a puzzled look comes across her face. I roll my eyes nudging her shoulder. "Yeah 'okay' DJ. Come on let's go put the bags in the car while we wait." I turn to walk away when I feel someone grab my arm. "No Y/N/N we're serious. We don't know where Lauren is."

"Huh..?"

"She told us she was coming a few days earlier to spend time with you."

Frown grows on my face, my heart starts beating irregularly. "Lauren hasn't talked to me since yesterday morning..." An awkward and confusing silence falls over us. I look down at my feet and shake my head softly.

This doesn't make sense. What's going on? Does Lauren not want to see me?

I attempt to clear my throat as my eyes water. "Hey, um let's get to the car and I'll take you guys to the hotel. I'm sure you're exhausted." I smile lightly.

Ally rubs my back in comfort. "Are you sure? We can stick around and hang for a little bit."

"It's fine. Thanks anyway sunshine." I hug her before picking up her suitcase as we all walk to the parking lot.

"Heeyyy what about my bags?" Dinah whines from behind us, "Yeah me too!" Camila joins in.

I smirk and glance over my shoulder at them. "With the way you children act I know Ally has been taking good care of you as usual. She deserves some pampering."

Both of them roll their eyes and continue making small comments under their breath about how 'independent' and 'mature' they are.

I close the trunk after putting in all their bags with Normani's help. We hop in the car and she syncs her Bluetooth to the radio to start her playlist. Five minutes into the drive I hear a yawn followed by a sigh.

Camila leans her head against the window looking outside at the beautiful scenery. She takes a sniff of the flower in her hand. "Thank you for the rose Y/N/N."

"Yeah thank you, they're really pretty."

I smile "No problem you guys. I just wanted to give you something small for killin it out there on tour."

"Candy would've been better.."

"Dinah!!"

"What?! I've been craving m&m's!" The whole car burst into laughter at Dinah's blunt honesty.

As I drive closer to the hotel my eyes land on the one leftover rose sitting on my dashboard. My smile slips away. I needed to find out what was going on with Lauren. This was completely unlike her and the pit of worry in my stomach was growing by the second.

What in the hell is going on?

————————————————————

Good ? Bad ? Idk just a quick one I wrote from being sad LMAO.
Anyway,
Love ya 😘