Chapter 37: Curious

I know, I know, I know I suck at updating! I've been trying to get college applications done along with regular schoolwork + my job! Lots of stuff to do and not enough time! I'll update as soon as I possibly can! I love writing this story and I hope I can spend more time on it!

Anyway,

Thanks for reading!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cora's POV

---------------------

When Kenna asked if I wanted to hang out tonight my jaw almost dropped. It's been weeks since just Kenna and I have hung out. Her time has been exclusively devoted to Liam and I've been dealing with Zayn and hanging out with Niall and Harry. It will be nice to get back together. We probably have so much to talk about but it's been so long I don't actually remember where the list starts or ends. Kenna and I used to see a movie every weekend so when she offered that suggestion for tonight something warmed inside me. I miss Kenna. 

You know when you have something planned that you keep thinking about all day, so much that you're actively trying to find something to do to pass time? That's how my Saturday is going. I have been aimlessly cleaning and re-cleaning my room or even washing the dishes just to pass time. I constantly check the clock to count down the minutes until 7:30 when I am supposed to leave. 

I slump down on the couch around 4:30 and decide to take a quick nap. Although evidently it isn't quick at all. I wake up at exactly 7:23 and my brain scatters. I jump up form the couch and run to my room. I quickly pull on a pair of skinny jeans and a bulky sweater with boots. 

"Mom! We have to go!" I yell from my room. 

I check my phone to see if Kenna had texted me but there's only one message from Zayn of all people. I decide against reading it probably because I'm in a hurry or maybe because I don't want to see what he has to say. 

I scamper to the kitchen to grab my purse and check to see if my mom is ready to drive me. She's sitting calmly by the front door like we are in no rush at all. 

"Mom! Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask. 

"I didn't know I was supposed to." She replies without changing her expression. 

She's been like this for the past week. Well since Cole got expelled and arrested. My mom won't let him leave, not even to take me to the movies. 

-

"I'll be back around midnight okay?" My mom calls through the partially open window of her blue minivan. 

I just nod and rush inside to avoid further ruining my already distraught hair. The rain poured down harder every second. This happens every year around the time fall is in its prime. 

I cautiously check my phone every 2 minutes, full aware of the short duration of time, but I check it over and over again. Kenna should be here by now. The movie starts in 3 minutes and not one single text has arrived on my phone from her. 

Maybe her phone broke and she can't text me that she's running late. But the probability of this theory declines as the theories such as she forgot or she is with Liam become more likely. 

A full half hour into the movie and Kenna is still no where to be seen. She is as invisible as I wish I could be right now. Its just like Kenna to get my hopes up like this then kick them right back down. I can't wait to hear the carefully worded excuse she will have all night to think of. 

The Art of Seduction - Zayn Malik AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें