Chapter 26: Friends?

Sorry it took so long! I've been very busy lately! - C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zayn's POV

-------------------

Louis Tomlinson has always been a pretty cool guy, but we’ve never been close, which is why I’m having trouble coming up with anything to say as I sit on the foot of his bed. He offered to tutor me in science because he’s one of the best students in the class and I’m - well, I’m pretty much the worst.

“Thanks again for tutoring me, I really need it," I say, trying to fill the silent air with a little substance. Louis scurries around his room, throwing clothes around like he's searching for something. "No problem," he says as he unzips his backpack to continue the search. 

"Ah, here it is!" he says and pulls out a textbook we received at the beginning of the year but I've never used. It's one of those thick text books that has thousands of pages but you really only cover around 10 chapters during the class. 

Louis is a good looking guy, which makes me wonder why he's never had a girlfriend. Well never one that I've ever seen. He's hilarious too, but can be quite blunt. I never would have guessed that he was good at biology. He grabs a notebook and pencil along with the textbook and sits next to me on the bed. "So, where do you want to start?" Louis sighs and rests his hands on the textbook.

I have no idea where I want to start...everything maybe? I don't really ever pay attention in class but requesting Louis to reteach me every lesson we've learned since the beginning of the year is a bit absurd. "Uh, well, I'm not sure actually. I was thinking we could-" the monotone sound of Louis' phone cuts me off. I briefly look down at his phone to catch the name; Harry Styles. How did Louis know Harry? And why was he getting calls from him? 

Louis ignores the phone call and sets it back down on the bed. He shifts eye contact a bit when he does and instantly opens the textbook. Not a minute later the ring tone sounds again and Louis grunts at the noise. I look down at his phone again expecting to see Harry's name but instead, Cole Fallon's is printed across the screen. 

Louis answers the call this time but walks out of his room before holding it up to his ear. I don't know why he needs to be out of hearing from me to talk to Cole, it's not like me and Cole hate each other anymore. We're actually pretty good friends, I think. 

I sit on the bed, not knowing whether I should make myself more comfortable or what. I wonder what Cora's up to tonight. We never got the chance to talk about what happened at the art museum. A few minutes later Louis returns to his room and I'm surprised to see Cole walk in a few seconds after him.

"Hey Malik, what's up?" Cole says and throws his jacket on the floor. He smells like he's been drinking and by the way he stumbles to the bed, I can tell he's definitely been drinking. "I hope you don't mind, he needs a place to stay tonight so I let him in," Louis explains and Cole sprawls himself across the bed. I stiffen my position even more than before when he does. 

"What are you doin here anyway Malik?" Cole says with half his face muffled into Louis' pillows. Louis mumbles something about going to get Cole some food and a glass of water but he's out of the door before I can respond. My focus turns back to the incredibly drunk Cole Fallon laying next to me.

"Uh I'm here because Louis is tutoring me in Biology," I answer him, shifting my position on the bed. Cole just groans and flips over onto his back. His eyes are closed like he's trying to fall asleep but he lets out a sigh and asks me another question.