Chapter 13: Seductive Smoulders

here we goo 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cora's POV

-------------------

The next day at school, I still haven't talked to Kenna - about anything really. I called Harry last night and vented to him about her, what happened with Liam, how great Louis is, and even Zayn. He asked me how I felt about Zayn, and to be honest, I didn't know anymore. One day he's a nice and sweet, the next he's rude and acts like he doesn't want to talk to me, and then the next he's saving me like a handsome hero saves a damsel in distress. 

Art is my second class of the morning. I could probably name 600 other places I would rather be walking to - my house, a weird science convention, the statue of Liberty, China. You get the point. 

I can't help but feel embarrassed about the whole thing with Liam, Zayn saving me, my rude comment, me crying. I can't believe Zayn saw me cry. 

This whole problem would be so much easier if I could just talk to Kenna about it. Harry is great and all, but he's no Kenna. Yeah, Kenna can be a bitch sometimes, okay 85% of the time, but when it comes down to it, she's the best friend I could ask for. She always knows what to say, how to cheer me up, and gives the best advice. I really miss her. 

-

When I walk into the art room, Zayn instantly straightens his posture. I swallow down a feeling of embarrassment and walk inI eye the empty desk next to him, and then another directly across from his on a curve. The room curves like a circle and the desks are set up in the shape of a crescent moon. 

I notice the frown appear on his face as I take the seat directly across from him. The rest of the students pile in and take the remaining seats. Mrs. G is tapping her foot on the floor and drumming her fingers on the desk, obviously a bit anxious. 

When the bell signaling the start of class sounds through the room, Mrs. G hops to her feet with a clap of her hands. "Good Morning my lovely art students!" we all quietly groan at the sound of her boisterous voice so early in the morning. "I've got a fun little project for you to do today!" the groans grow a bit louder. "Yeah, yeah, yeah you all hate art" Mrs. G jokes and hands out the instructions on warm pieces of paper; she must have just printed them. 

"This is going to be a fun project! You are going to walk around the school, but stay on school campus, and find three interesting objects you would like to paint. I'll give you three stickers which you will place on the objects you want to paint. Think very hard about your choices and if you already see a different sticker on that object, you have to pick a different one" Her hands fly violently through the air while she explains the project. 

"Oh, and you'll be working in partners! Hmm, let's see... your partner will be the person sitting directly across from you. So Grace your with Jack, Zayn with Cora, and so on" 

You have got to be kidding me.

My jaw drops open in the irony of it. The one day I choose to sit in a different seat. Just my luck. I see a small grin on Zayn's face as he collects his bag and makes his way towards me. 

"What are the odds huh?" Zayn smiles as he waits for me to gather my belongings. God I hate that stupid smile. That stupid gorgeous smile. "Yeah, weird" I say. 

-

The first sticker we use is on an old lamp sitting in one of the math rooms. Zayn said it's been there for as long as he can remember. It's and old vintage lamp and the shade that covers the light bulb is yellow but you can tell it used to be white.