Born in the slums of our neighbourhood, Aria was raised tough and to treasure every opportunity and luxury she was given.

    Being used to roaming the streets of 'dirty jeans and tees', Aria was much more accustomed to living her private life the way she was raised and not the way she was presented. Hence, she ruled her stylistic decisions with an iron fist.

    Aria Evans, whilst being undeniably stunning just like our mother, liked to remind people that a pop-star status did nothing to shake her of her past and the way she was brought up.

    Beautiful, empathetic and virtuous, Aria was anything anyone wanted to be as a teenager. Unfortunately, she'd had it rough enough herself to know.

    "I have not missed this weather." Aria groans, shaking her damp hair and sending small water droplets flying.

    "Speaking of which," Jack leans over the back of the couch beside my sister, grinning cheekily. "How's the tour going? I heard France is scraping up the millions for you."

    "The shows aren't about the money," Aria replies altruistically. "It's about the fans. I adore them. Look how much they've done for us."

    "True, but you can't tell me you don't love being up on stage."

    "Of course I can't." Aria shakes her head. "Music has always been my passion. It's really the only thing that go me through everything until now."

    I nod in understanding. Having been bullied pretty hard as a teenager, Aria had been ostracised and kicked to the curb for a large portion of her life.

    Even though I was young at the time, I remember when my sister finally graduated and re-discovered her love for music. It was probably the best thing to ever happen to her.

    "Hey Jack, could you give Troye and I a moment please?"

    Jack jumps up and heads into the kitchen, announcing his plans to make tea and leave Aria and I alone in the living room.

    Aria perches on the back of the couch and turns her attention towards me.

    "What?"

    Lips pursed, my sister stares me down and I shift uncomfortably. With a hint of a smirk curling on her lips, she says. "I hear you've joined the dating pool again."

    "What?" I exclaim in shock. "Where did you hear that."

    "A little birdie told me." Aria replies, sending a smirk towards the kitchen where Jack was.

    I groan, sometimes hating how close Jack and my sister were. Jack and Aria were the same age and were in the same year at high school.

    It was by coincidence that Jack met me and already happened to know my sister. He was probably one of the only people who truly cared about her during that time of her life.

    "Jack," I sigh.

    My best friend pokes his head out of the kitchen. "I thought she should know."

    "No one knows," I mumble. "Mum and Dad don't even know."

    "Troye," Aria says. "Jack's right. This is a big deal for you. We want to make sure you have the support you need."

    I look down at my hands without replying and Aria pats my arm gently, moving to sit next to me.

    "You're my little brother," she says, voice cracking slightly. "I've known you since you were in diapers and I hated myself for not being able to shelter you from a pain you should've never experienced so young."