Fifteen- Someone New

Start bij het begin

Tears continued falling as my breathing and heart rate continued to rise and speed up. All I could hear was the thumping of my poor human heart smashing against my chest.

"Please, you do not need to fear me," the man said, extending an arm towards me. I flinched before gathering myself and examining the man in front of me. He had pitch black hair with a single stripe of white slightly off to the side. It was not short, but it was long enough that it met his jaw. It was naturally styled backwards, curling slightly at the ends.

His jawline was soft but very prominent. His eyes glowed a beautiful purple, one I had gotten used to with the brothers. His lips were luscious and showed no signs of dryness. Honestly if I did not know what he was, I would almost say they were inviting.

My eyes scanned from his face to his body, which was crouched down looking in at me. His pecs were defined, as well as his arm muscles. I was sure his black tee shirt was hiding at least a six pack. Even his legs looked perfect in what I could make out as a dark wash pair of jeans.

His arm stayed reached out at me, as if he thought waiting long enough would cause me to take it. I was honestly frozen. I had no idea what to do. This man was blocking my only exit. There was no way to fight him or get away. I had my knives on me, but I was sure they wouldn't do enough damage to even blink at for one of them.

As we stared back at each other, I saw something I had seen before in his eyes. A flash of red. I knew that meant he saw something he liked, which was at this moment undoubtedly me. I knew if he liked me there was a chance he was telling the truth about not hurting me.

At this point I was cold and lonely. So against all of my natural instincts, I took his hand and he helped me climb out of the cold cave hole. As I came out, I stood up and gathered myself, fixing my clothes in the process. He stood in front of me, and was easily as tall as Xenophon if not maybe taller. He was certainly a sight for sore eyes.

"So, little one, are you going to keep glaring at me while you check me out or are you going to tell me your name and who you were hiding from?" he asked with a devilishly good looking smirk on his face.

I looked down, my cheeks now flushed with redness. I was caught.

"Um... Morgan. My name is Morgan," I said, for some reason loosing all of my confidence. He smiled and nodded at me.

"Well, Morgan, my name is Thaneous, but you may call me Thane," he said as he took a bow. I could not help but give a slight smile at his gesture. His smile instantly appeared when he saw mine.

"Morgan, would you like to tell me who you were hiding from?" he asked, looking concerned. My heart dropped at even the thought of the brothers. I decided not to tell him the entire truth, in case it lead to trouble.

"Well, I was taking the trail trying to get deeper into the forest, as I heard there was less... of your kind here. And as I was hiking a giant dragon like beast began chasing me, so I ran in here and barricaded myself in with the stones," I said, not exactly lying. He gave a look as if he were thinking.

"Dear, what did this dragon beast you spoke of look like?"

"Well, he was all black but had silver wings. I think spikes down the middle as well. It was hard to see completely as I was running,"

"I see. You met Xenophon, the prince. I assume his trusty sidekicks were not far behind," he said with another smirk. I took a breath. Xenophon and his brothers were alien royalty?

"Tell me, did my cousin hurt you?" he asked kindly. I stopped and my mouth dropped. Cousin? Did he say cousin? This was just getting better and better.

"Um... d-did you say c-cousin?" I asked, still flabbergasted. He simply nodded and gave a suspicious look.

"Little one, do you know more than you've spoken of?"

"W-well... I-I mean..."

"Come now, speak. What do you know of my cousin?"

"Imightbehismate,"

"Come again, slower?"

"I... I m-might be h-his m-mate," I said softly. His eyes grew wide, but did not show any anger. I saw him look away for a moment, but then back at me.

"And I assume you knew about Zeek and Zor too right?" he asked. I simply nod and look down.

"Why did you run away, Little One? Why are you hiding?" he asked softly. I pause for a moment before turning around and lifting my shirt. He becomes quiet as he looks over the giant claw marks down my back. I slowly pull my shirt back down and face Thane once again.

His face looks almost heart broken, but he is clearly deep in thought. His face showed pity, he must've felt bad for me or possible Xen. After a moment of silence, he looked back up to me. I didn't notice when it happened, but his eyes were completely red now.

"Darling, we have a situation," he said, looking at me with concern. Shit. I knew what those eyes meant. I stared at the gorgeous glowing eyes as my heart and gut sank.

He was connecting with me as well. I was his mate too.