Chapter 15 - Expectations VS Reality

Things could not be going better for Bakugo Katsuki.

Today was the first day of school at U.A. High. Katsuki was proud to boast that he managed to pass the entrance exam with a whopping 77 villain points; one of the highest records in history, ranking him first in the entrance exam. He was graciously awarded a seat in class 1-A, where the winnerswere placed. His stupid awesome quirk was undoubtably going to be the strongest one there. His parents couldn't be more proud of him (though that old hag kept harping some nonsense in his ear about not letting his ego get too big and controlling his temper). He was dating the smartest, most beautiful and talented girl in the world (who, luckily, would also be going to his school). Not to mention all the extra training he did got him in the best shape of his life and he felt great! The only, downside, was that Deku, the quirkiness fucking wonder, somehow managed to pass the exam and got into U.A., too, but that fucking nerd wasn't going to dampen his spirits any. Sure. Go ahead and try; he'll just humiliate himself anyway. He'd neverbe anywhere near his level.

So, yes, Bakugo Katsuki felt like he was king of the fucking world right now.

Or at least, he did.

His first day did not go the way he had expected it too. Everything started out fine and dandy, despite Deku breathing the same air as him. Katsuki claimed a window seat near the front of the room, kick backed and told off some prestigious prick with a stick shoved tight up his ass, and got to show off his quirk's amazing power during the quirk-apprehension test that their homeroom teacher, Aizawa (a.k.a. Eraserhead), put them through in place of the opening ceremony. Thank god. As excellent a student as he tended to be, Katsuki never was a fan of sitting around idly for mundane and routine tasks that had little benefit toward his goals.

Deku had miserably flopped nearly every task and Katsuki was honestly looking forward to seeing his rejected face when he got kicked out of class for being a hopeful loser. It only goes to show that hopingand dreamingwere not enough to become a pro hero. You actually needed skill.

Then the mother fucker lobbed the god damned softball a tenthof a meter further than Katsuki had. Using only his index finger.

Katsuki was fuming. Head spinning with anger, confusion, and worst of all, betrayal. Deku had never, not once in the twelve years of their childhood, manifested a quirk. Katsuki was surehe would have been one of the first people Deku would have flashed it off to, looking for praise, if it had. He was therethe day when Deku came to pre-school with his head hanging low, tears in his eyes, sniffing pathetically as he mumbled how he was diagnosed quirkless.He clearly remembered laughing about it in Deku's face, shrugging his shoulders and telling him, "Oh well, guess you're just destined to be a loser forever."

Suddenly, nothing made sense anymore. It didn't add up. It also didn't help that several of his classmates were severely convinced Deku also had some stupid awesome power that he supposedly displayed in the entrance exam. No. This wasn't right. It couldn't be.

Anger took over every other shit emotion he was feeling right now. He wanted to drag Deku by the scruff of his neck, beat the living shit out of the nerd, and demand an honest to god explanation. Aizawa wouldn't let him, though. So, he silently brooded in the back of class for the rest of the day, keeping to himself, stewing on an explanation for what the helljust happened.

Bakugo Katsuki did not like being made the fool, and Deku wouldpay for it.

"So, wait, let me get this straight." Nozomi held her hands up, shaking her head at her cell phone. "You're telling me, that scrawny little quirkiness kid from the exam isn't quirkless?" Nozomi leaned back in her desk chair, spinning in a circle as she hummed thoughtfully. "That's unusual. I mean, I guess it's possible to develop a quirk past the age of five, but to have it happen at the age of fifteen? That's unheard of!"