Chapter 13 - Entrance Exams

The end of February came before they knew it and with it, the U.A. Entrance exams. For the last couple weeks leading up to the exam, Nozomi and Katsuki both began bucking down on their training and studying. Their routine remained the same during the week, but on weekends they met at Katsuki's house in the late afternoon (it was his mother who insisted that she come over for lunch after she learned they'd been meeting regularly) and studied in his room. Katsuki was surprisingly smart - not that she ever thought he was an idiot, but she didn't peg him as the academic type with how vicious he was while training.

Apparently a man could have both brain and brawn.

Nozomi was a good student, though she struggled with subjects like Physics and Chemistry more than Katsuki, who seemed to have a surprising love for the subjects. She quickly learned that the two subjects were more interesting to him than others since they helped him with his quirk; Physics and Math for the trajectory and propulsions from his blasts, and Chemistry to understand how his quirk interacted with other elements. He even did well in subjects that weren't his 'strong' suit, like English and the arts.

But her boyfriend strived for perfection and his natural knack for picking things up quickly helped him achieve those perfect scores on each mock test they took. Nozomi's own score fell short of his by a couple points, but the material didn't come quite as easily to her as it did him. Still, she wasn't worried. They were going to ace the written test.

Their practical tests were different. While Katsuki would be doing some sort of quirk assessment, Nozomi knew she was going to have to show off her designing skills. The actual test hadn't been revealed to either of them yet, so all she could do to prepare was design as many hypothetical hero costumes as she could, detailing as much information as she could into the fabrics she chose and props she designed. Katsuki was confident that he was going to, quote, murder the competition and be the indisputable top ranking applicant.

Having seen his ferocity first hand, she didn't doubt him in the least.

The morning of the exam came. Preferring to save their energy for the exam, the couple agreed to skip their morning run in favor of sleeping in and eating a good breakfast. They met at the train station. Nozomi caught Katsuki leaning against one of the columns with his hands tucked in his pockets. His jacket was zipped all the way up with a warm scarf wrapped around his neck. His chin buried so deep into the scarf that half his face was hidden.

He really did hate the cold.

Nozomi grinned, walking up to him with a wave. "Morning, Katsuki!"

Katsuki opened his sharp crimson eyes and cast a sideways glance at her. "Mornin'," He muttered. He lifted his face just long enough to press a kiss to her lips, then reburied himself back into his scarf. "Let's go already, it's fuckin' cold."

It wasn't that bad out. The winter was beginning to thaw, leading way for the spring that would be coming in just a few weeks. "You'll warm up once you get moving." Nozomi tucked her arm in the crook of his elbow and began walking with him to the testing site which would be held at U.A.

As expected, U.A.'s campus was enormous! Nozomi's eyes widened in wonder as she walked through the gates, still attached to Katsuki's arm. It looked like they had wandered into a mini-city! Students, similar in age to them, flocked the campus in large numbers. In edition to the schools notorious hero program, it was also an honor to be accepted in to any of the other departments offered by the school! U.A. had one of the lowest acceptance percentages this year. To get in, you truly had to be the best of the best.

Nozomi's fingers tightened on Katsuki's arm and she felt him flex in response.

They were going to be part of those numbers that made it in.