Chapter 6 - First Date (Part 2)

"I'm sorry..." Nozomi leaned toward Katsuki while cupping her hand around her ear. Her shoulder was practically touching his while a grin danced on her lips. "I don't think I heard you. Who was right?"

Katsuki's right eye gave an irritated twitch and his fingers curled at his sides as Nozomi continued to tease him about winning their bet on who would predict the outcome of the movie. Needless to say, Katsuki wasn't happy about losing. "I'm about three seconds away from blasting that smirk off your face," He threatened.

Nozomi was nonplused and simply continued to grin victoriously beside him while humming, "You owe me a milkshake!" to which Katsuki simply rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Nocchan!" Asumi detached herself from Yuuta's hip and came running over to her best friend. "Where did you two go?" She asked, pouting. Her brow furrowed seeing as they just walked out of the movie theater. "Did you go see another movie?"

A small twinge of guilt from ditching her friends formed in the pit of Nozomi's stomach. She averted her gaze and scratched the back of her neck. Her taunting grin quickly fell into an awkward grimace. "Ah...yeah, we did. We sort of theater hopped until we found one to settle on."

Asumi's eyes widened in confusion. "What? You could have gotten in big trouble if you were caught! Why? Didn't you like the movie we were seeing?" It was clear Asumi and her other friends thought it was good. The rest of the small group hovered behind Asumi.

To be honest, Nozomi didn't mind the movie at all. She was a sucker for romance, after all, but it was hard to focus on the movie when she knew Katsuki wasn't into it at all. It was incredible that he had sat through as much as he did. Before she could come up with a gentle excuse as for why they left, Katsuki dropped the bomb on her with a callous, "Fuck no. That movie sucked ass."

So much for letting them down gently. Asumi sucked in a breath through her teeth.

"Bakugo!" Nozomi hissed.

He turned his sharp red gaze down on her and shrugged his shoulders. "What? It's the truth and a waste of time. I don't give a shit."

"Hey, man listen..." Yuuta placed a hand on Asumi's shoulder to comfort the shocked girl. His attempt to reprimand Katsuki for his harsh words fell on deaf ears.

Katsuki ignored him and turned back to Nozomi. "I owe you a milkshake, right? So, move your ass, before I change my mind." He shoved her forward, earning a surprised 'eep' from the blonde, and shoved his hands into his pockets as he started walking.

Nozomi pointed in the direction Katsuki was going. "So, uh... food court?" She chuckled dryly at the others who were clearly not amused. Nozomi spun around and jogged after the hot head, quickly catching up to him. Her friends trailed behind them a bit slower. Nozomi could feel their eyes on her, questioning her judgement of the boy who was everything they had notexpected him to be.

Ten minutes, 500¥, and several cuss words later, Nozomi sat at a large rectangular table with Katsuki at the edge on her left, happily sipping on her medium chocolate milkshake. Words could not describe how happy she was to feel the sweet, smooth, chocolatey beverage engage her tastebuds. It had been so long since she was able to have a milkshake! She almost felt like crying it was so good. Good enough to help her completely forget about the awkward atmosphere that divided her happy little bubble with Katsuki from the concerned and slightly distressed bubble around her six friends.

Nozomi snatched one of Katsuki's fries, dipped it into her milkshake and devoured it in one bite. She almost squealed in delight at the salty/sweet combination.

"Oi!" Katsuki snapped at her. "That's fucking nasty."

Nozomi licked the salt from her fingers and took another sip of her shake. "What are you talking about?" She arched a brow. "Fries and a milkshake are the best!" She reached over and snatched another fry, dipped it, and held it out for him. "Try it!"