Chapter 7 - Bomberanian

This fucking sucks... Katsuki flopped himself down on the charred grass that surrounded him. It had been a week since summer vacation began. Nozomi met him around 8am as agreed every morning. They ran, he trained, she drew, they sparred, they ate lunch and hung out, he walked her to the train station... it was becoming routine and Katsuki hated to discover that he was forming some sort of attachment to their interactions.

He didn't know why or how it had happened, but he noticed he always felt a bit more agitated than usual when he expected to see her and she wasn't around. Granted today she had given him warning that her manager had booked her for a photo shoot this afternoon, so he had no reason to be frustrated. This feeling he currently felt was different. It was hard to put his finger on it. It was almost as if he...

Did he miss her?

What a stupid thought. Katsuki clicked his tongue, annoyed with himself for feeling such a ridiculous thing in the first place. Is not like she really meant anything important to him. She was just a way to kill time that was slightly less annoying and more productive than his other options. That was it. That had to be it.

What did he do now though? It was nearing noon. He'd already spent several hours training his quirk. He could go to the gym for a bit. As a last resort, he could contact his buddies from school. Ugh, but that would require him to admit that he was relying on others to ease his boredom and why the hell would he ever do that?

To the gym it was.

It we well passed noon when Katsuki left the gym. He'd used the facilities to freshen up a bit before heading back into the outside world. His muscles were a bit sore from pushing his max weights for the last two hours, but damn could he feel the results. Nothing felt better than the rush of adrenaline he got when pushing his limits and reaching the next level. Damn, UA had better be ready for him because he was going to blow them away with his awesome power.

Katsuki grinned to himself, flexing his arm as he walked. And to think it was only August and still had months of training left. Rather than finding the task daunting, the prospect of continuously training excited him further. He would grow stronger yet, get into UA, and come out well on his way to being the indisputable number one hero in Japan!

Fuck yeah!

His ego was interrupted by an undesirable growl that reminded him he was hungry. Well, a strong body needed fuel. With that in mind, Katsuki slipped into a nearby convenience store to find something to satisfy his hunger until he could make himself a decent meal at home.

Katsuki snagged a bag of Yakisoba bread and a bottle of Pocari Sweat and threw it on the counter rather violently, startling the timid cashier. The young girl gave him a nervous smile.

"Welcome to the conv-"

Katsuki stopped her from continuing that sentence with a glare. "Hurry up, you're wasting my time." Katsuki snapped at her. He wasn't there for conversation. He just wanted his food, damn it. She had barely finished scanning his items when he threw down 510¥ as soon as the amount appeared on the register and snatched up his items.

He heard an uncertain, "have a...good day?" behind him as he stomped out the door. Katsuki ripped his package open and took a bite of the steamed bread. Not his meal of choice, but he was hungry enough that the soy drenched noodles tasted ten times better than he remembered. An older man gave Katsuki a disapproving state when he caught him walking down the street, eating his soba bread. Katsuki responded by flipping him the middle finger, ignoring his offended gasp, and carried about his business.

His tasty treat was gone all too soon, but at least it did its job of relieving him from feeling like his stomach was about to eat itself. For whatever reason, Katsuki made the piss poor decision to take the long way home and passed by the beach. He instantly regretted his decision.