Chapter 12 - Happy New Year

Katsuki stared down at his phone clutched tightly in his hand, bouncing his leg on the ball of his foot as he sat at his desk. His other hand leafed through ash-blond locks of short spiky hair. Red eyes scanned the message he had just sent and Nozomi's flustered response. His lips quirked into something similar to a smile as his stomach churned with nerves.

This was a horrible idea.

But he was the one to suggest it on a whim and there was no way he could take it back now.

It had been a little over a week since he asked Nozomi to be his girlfriend. Their routine hadn't changed much. They still met every morning for a run and squeezed in conditioning and a spar when they had time. The only difference now was the occasional kiss when they met and before Katsuki let her go, more frequent brushing of their fingers and a heightened awareness of where they touched. Katsuki was never one to use too many emoji's, but Nozomi seemed to like sending the little hearts and grinning faces.

For some inexplicable reason, as soon as Nozomi mentioned that she would be spending New Years alone, since her dad was scheduled to be on duty, Katsuki had the brilliant idea to invite Nozomi over to meet his family. He hadn't registered the severity of his suggestion until he had already made it. It was then that he made the realization that he hadn't even told his parents he had a girlfriend now.

"Shit." Katsuki groaned, throwing his head back as he slammed his phone down on his desk. It was noon and Nozomi said she would come over around six after her photoshoot. Cursing himself, Katsuki shoved himself out of his chair and stomped his way down stairs to tell his parents they would be having a dinner guest...hopefully his mother could get the crazy out of her system in the next six hours.

Katsuki found his mother in the living room, dusting as she hummed a little tune to herself. She seemed to be in a good mood. He cleared his throat, interrupting her melody.

Mitsuki paused, glancing over her shoulder. "Ah, so the gremlin decided to come out." She grabbed a blue cloth off the coffee table and threw it at him. Katsuki caught it with an eye roll. "Start wiping down the glass." She motioned to the table and glass cabinets that held a number of various awards and trophies. Some were his parents achievements at work and others were his from the number of sports competitions, extra curricular activities, and academic excellence awards.

When he didn't retort with some smart ass comment and quietly set to do the task she gave him, Mitsuki stopped what she was doing and turned to him with narrowed eyes.

"Okay. Whats up?"

Katsuki stiffened, rubbing a little more furiously at the glass with his mother's gaze burning into the back of his head. "Ha? I'm doing what you fuckin' told me to. You got a problem with that now?"

He knew his mother wasn't trying to get on his case; clearly she sensed that something was on his mind. Katsuki was never this quiet and they both knew it. Still, he couldn't help the spiteful bite. It was a dangerous game they played. It wasn't hard to set either of them off and they both had a specialty for getting under each other's skin.

"Cut the crap, you shitty brat!" Mitsuki snapped. "If you've got something to say, say it!"

And yet, she knew him better than anyone.

Katsuki gritted his teeth, stepping away from the coffee table to wipe down the trophy cabinet. "Fine! For dinner tonight..." Katsuki paused. He could feel his mother's gaze burning more curious than before. God he was never going to hear the end of this. "I...invited a friend over for dinner."

In her reflection in the glass, Katsuki saw his mothers brows shoot high. "Did you lose a bet or something?"

"What? No." Where did his mother even get that idea?

Tied by Threads of Fate [Bakugo Katsuki x OC]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara