Chapter 1 - Notice Me

Bakugo Katsuki wasn't sure how many times he had passed the blonde haired girl with vibrant green colored eyes on his morning runs before he finally took notice of her. With the U.A. entrance exams a mere eight months away, Katsuki had begun doubling his training routine to make sure that he blew the competition out of the water. He would be the indisputable, number one candidate to make it into the hero course this year! That's why, on top of his afternoon workout routine, Katsuki had also taken to dragging his ass out of bed to go for an hour jog before school.

That's also how he came to finally acknowledge this chick. He vaguely recalled seeing her around the same time every morning, but didn't pay much attention since her business really didn't concern him in the least. She looked to be about his age and was a good several inches shorter than him. Her blonde hair was a few shades darker than his own, always pulled up in either a bun or ponytail, and her flawless pale complexion always wound up flushed from exertion by the end of her run.

Katsuki felt her large green eyes on his back as he finished his stretches to wake his stiff muscles. Even though it was June and the mornings were still warm, Katsuki wore a pair of black sweatpants and a skin tight muscle tank top beneath his zipped up hoodie. Since his quirk relied on his sweating, he liked to work up a good sweat before setting off a few explosions to wake the neighborhood and fire himself up for the day. Katsuki straightened up and stretched his arms, ignoring her stare until she came within five feet of him. His sharp red eyes flickered toward her.

Catching his eye, the girl flashed him a cheery smile and waved her hand at him. "Good morning," She greeted.

Katsuki did not return the gesture. He simply grunted low in his throat, turned on his heel, and began his run. For some strange reason, his brain decided to note that she was wearing a pair of light blue leggings and a white tank top with a mesh back to showcase her sports bra that matched her bottoms. Not that he cared or gave any opinion about how she looked.

He just happened to notice.

That's all.

Over the next few days, Katsuki became increasingly aware of her daily presence. She didn't exactly bother him, but her presence made him feel a bit awkward. She had taken up the habit of saying good morning to him with a pleasant smile on her face, before one of them took off running. A simple and polite gesture that, for some reason, Katsuki decided to return this morning.

He had hardly been paying attention when her anticipated greeting came and he muttered out a low, "Mornin'," back at her, surprising both of them.

"Woah!" She gasped, her green eyes larger than usual and her pink lips parted in a an 'o' shape. "You actually responded to me this morning."

Her soft chuckle made him tick. "Fuck off," he grunted, feeling his neck growing warm. He quickly turned his back to her and started running, barely catching her huff, "rude," behind him.

Maybe he needed to change his running times.

"Morning!"

Katsuki turned his head to find his mystery girl approaching right on time. She stifled a yawn behind her hands, looking more tired than usual. Katsuki tried not to pay attention to the way her shirt rode up, exposing part of her midriff as she stretched her arms high in the air. She didn't seem to notice.

At his lack of response, the girl gave him a small shrug and waved, "see ya," before taking off first this morning. Katsuki watched her go, sighing to himself before taking off after her. He hated when she went first because he always found his red eyes drifting somewhere they shouldn't. It wasn't his fault.