CHAPTER 18: Now There's One More Thing.....

PHOENIX

I know that some of you if not most are thinking this whole fighting bit is to please my ego but to be honest, this is more than that.

Many people throughout centuries have been able to escape confinement. Not many but some. I know Ezekiel will find a way to break out and will come after her.

I understand she is scared that something will happen to me. But I would rather risk my life than to risk losing her. I couldn't live with myself if anything were to happen to her knowing I could have prevented it and protect her.

There was little time for me to prepare for the Alpha Games, even though a month seems like it's more than enough, especially for an Alpha like me, it isn't. Because the thing about these games is there's more to it than being physically strong enough but to be mentally strong as well.

It has now been just a little over two weeks since the announcement of me being a competitor for the games was announced and I have been training hard everyday since.

I have noticed that even though Sundaye is behind me one hundred percent, I also know that she is terrified and has been hiding it very well.

In fact, she has been in our bedroom the last couple of days not wanting to leave and today, I purposely made sure I took time off for training and any meetings. I know that her and I needed to talk so I started making my way up to our bedroom.

When I walked inside, I noticed she was laying on her side on the bed facing the window to the backyard.

"How are you feeling baby?" I ask as I close the door behind me.

"Okay." She says softly.

"Look, I know how you feel right now but like I said before, this was the only way I could get rid of him for good." I repeat myself.

"I know. It isn't that so much anymore that's got me upset and so emotional." She replies.

I walk over and lay beside her.

"What is it then?" I ask concerned while putting my arm around her and place a kiss her shoulder.

"I'm pregnant." She says.

Did I hear her correctly? Did she just say what I think she just did? No, it couldn't be, right?

"What?" I asked unsure of what I heard.

She then rolls over to face me and I notice a few tears begin to fall down her cheeks.

"I'm pregnant." She repeats.

"I'm gonna be a dad?" I smile.

She nods her head.

"But it's the wrong time." She begins to cry a little.

"What do you mean baby?" I ask while trying to hide the pain of what she just told me from the tone of my voice.

"We just got back together and in a few more weeks you'll be fighting and could possibly..." She stops herself as she starts to silently cry a little more.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay, I promise." I tell her.

"But how can you be sure? Things so far haven't really gone our way and..." She starts but I stop her.

"Baby please. Just trust me." I look into her eyes and she then starts to smile before I bend down and place a gentle kiss onto her lips.

Then I pull back and gently rub the side of her face with my thumb before moving my hand down to her stomach where I start to rub it.

Just knowing that she is carrying my child is an amazing feeling and I can't wait to see him/her.

Pregnancies in werewolves is not like it is in humans. The females do not carry for nine months, therefore leaving the infant to grow rapidly inside her stomach to where when she is two months pregnant, she truly is four months. Not to mention can put a bit more strain on their bodies versus human females because although humans have their own pain and strains with their pregnancies, carrying a half human and half werewolf inside is more strenuous on the body and can become very scary. However, I know that she can handle it, in the end. Women in general are.

We stay in bed cuddling for a couple more hours before we head downstairs and have some dinner.

Delanee and Neil were obviously the first ones we told about her being pregnant and both were excited and happy for us and already, Delanee suggested we threw a baby shower in the next few months. Which she later told me was perfect because this way it could help keep Sundaye's mind off the Alpha Games and worried about me.

Now that they were doing that there was just one more thing I needed to do, that was to find the perfect ring for my perfect mate.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)