CHAPTER 3: My Mate

SUNDAYE

After starting to head over to Delanee's house, I texted her to explain what all just happened and just as she always does, she asks if I want her to take care of him for me since I won't let her hurt my family. But like always, I tell her 'no'.

I love that she's protective of me but at the same time, I feel if I allow her to harm any of them then I will be just as bad and cruel as them.

She then next texts me saying that as soon as I get to her house, my birthday weekend will officially start. Which that definitely cheers me up a lot since she's the only one that has ever celebrated my birthday and it happens to be tomorrow.

Tonight in particular, she told me she wanted to take me to the underground fights. Normally, I don't like to go but, it's better than nothing. Plus she has to check in on certain fighters for her cousin that happens to be an Alpha and helps run the fights.

I have never met her cousin but heard he was a great fighter and one of the best Alpha's ever. She also told me about her mate and how he was her cousin's Beta.

I've met Neil before and they are really cute together. Sometimes he would come down with her cousin and a lot of times by himself. I only met him a few times but he was really nice.

So after I get to her house, we get ready and then start heading towards the place.

The place was kind of like those underground secret hidden clubs you see in movies where you go down some stairs and walk down a long tunnel type of hall and once you get to the door, you do a secret knock and are let in.

Of course since she is already well known, she doesn't have to wait or even do the secret knock.

When we get inside, there's loud uproars of people cheering on whatever two fighters are in the ring right now.

We then walk up to someone she knows.

"Hey Jim!" She yells over the loudness.

"Hey girl! Who's this?!" He asks while looking me up and down.

"She's cool! She's my best friend!" She tells him.

"Oh cool! Well, your cousin should be around here somewhere." He yells out.

"What?! Phoenix is here?! That bastard never told me!" She says.

"Oh shit!" He says with wide eyes. "Fuck! Don't tell him I said anything! I think he might have wanted it to be a surprise." He tells her.

"Oh I'm gonna kick his ass for not telling me he came here AND Neil's but don't worry, I won't tell him it was you who told me." She promises him.

She then turns and looks at me then takes my hand and we start cutting through the crowds of people and as soon as they announce the next fighters and the last name being her cousin's, we quickly get to the front row and as soon as the bell goes off, both him and the other fighter begin going towards each other and start immediately fighting each other.

"Which one is your cousin?" I ask her.

"The one covered in tats." She says.

There he was and sexy as hell with his muscular physique covered in tattoos with a couple piercings, his short hair coming undone on top of his head and had the sides on his head shaved.

I began to hear my wolf Meadow tell me, "Mate."

That can't be. There is no way that I have him as my mate. An Alpha? Delanee's cousin? This hot guy? No, she has to be talking about someone in the crowd nearby or even the other opponent.

"No. He's ours."  She tells me again.

Then after the fight was over, they announce him as the winner and with sweat dripping from his body and as the ref holds up his arm after declaring him the winner, he moves his hair back while panting and then his eyes land on me.

I look away so that hopefully he doesn't see that I'm blushing while biting my lower lip nervously.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)