CHAPTER 12: Going To Get Her

PHOENIX

This was it. I was gonna get my mate back and right now I'm feeling more nervous than I've felt in a long time as soon as our car pulled up in front of the house and we all got out and made our way towards the door.

Then once I saw the door open up and there standing in the doorway was Sundaye, I instantly wanted to start begging on my knees for her forgiveness and to take her away from here and forget her family. But then Neil reminded me through mind link we had to not jump right into it and to stick with the plan.

So I quickly hid my excitement as we walked inside and she escorted us towards the living room area where I saw both her parents and her sister but no Ezekiel, which good, I would have to break his fucking jaw if I saw him.

After she left the room both me and my wolf felt sad but then were quickly snapped out of it once I heard her father start to talk. And damn he doesn't seem to waste any time as he jumps right into kissing my ass. How pathetic.

"So, Alpha Phoenix. It's so good to have you in our home. You must be a busy man with trying to prepare in being a judge in the Alpha games. So we appreciate you taking the time in coming to meet with us." He remarks with an annoyingly fake smile.

"Yeah well, I am honored to have the opportunity in being a judge in the Alpha games. As far though as meeting up with your family, I just had nothing better to do at the moment." I smirked. "So, about this alliance." I quickly changed the subject so we could skip the small talk. "To be honest, I'm not sure I can entirely trust your family. With all your family's history, it lacks a lot of things I require in my alliances." I inform him.

"I know. But you see Alpha, we have had quite a struggle here with our daughter." He begins.

"What kind of a struggle." I ask confused while looking at their daughter, Layla who is sitting on the couch filing her nails and not paying attention to our conversation.

Her father takes immediate notice of me looking at her and begins to chuckle.

"No, not her. The one who escorted you all in here a minute ago." He says.

"Ah yes. What's her name again?" I ask.

"It's not important. She's a huge burden to us anyways and a disgrace to our name." He says and right away I can feel my whole body begin to tense up and can feel my face start to heat up as I knew I felt I was about to blow and start throwing punches to his face.

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and noticed it was Neil's.

"Go and talk to her. We'll keep all of them distracted. But don't be too long." Neil winks after mind linking me.

I just nod my head and stand up after excusing myself to go to the bathroom.

Then once out of the room, I hear Neil begin asking them some questions and I took that opportunity of course to do what he said and go to talk with Sundaye.

When I got to the kitchen door, I stood outside of it before going in and just the scent of her drives both me and my wolf wild.

I slowly start to open the kitchen door and see her putting a casserole dish into the oven and once she closed the oven door, she stood up and turned and saw me.

"Oh my god." She jumps back startled.

"I'm sorry." I start to tell her.

She looks as though she's on the edge of tears which I know is all my fault and then I see her quickly close her eyes to hide it and then looks back at me as she pretends to be tougher.

"Please get out of here." She asks. "You have no idea what my parents are capable of doing." She begins.

"I don't care. I've come here for a reason." I started.

"I know. The alliance with them. And trust me, that's something you don't want. They will stab you in the back and possibly kill you along the way." She explains.

"I'm not here for an alliance with them." I began to say to her as I started taking slow steps towards her.

"W-what do you mean?" She asks as she stops herself.

I then get close enough to make her lean against the counter while I gently start to place my hand on the side of her face and lightly caress it.

She tries to move away but I can tell she doesn't want to as she eventually lays her head more into my hand and then begins to cry before looking back at me and then moving away from me.

"Sundaye listen. I don't expect you to forgive me now, tomorrow, or ever, for the way I treated you. When I came the day of our date, I came by early cause I couldn't wait to see you. Then once Ezekiel answered the door and told me some things, that I don't even know why I ever believed in the first place. I got jealous and enraged." I stop myself as I start thinking about that day again and try to stay focused.

"So that gave you the right to fuck another girl?!" She says as she cries it out. "You hurt me so badly." She cries.

"She wasn't some girl, first of all. Second, she's a good friend of mine and most importantly, she is a lesbian." I smile.

We both are silent for a moment before I walk up closer to her again and have her look into my eyes as I grab her face and wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Like I just said, I don't expect you to forgive me right away but please, can you give me one more chance, even if it takes the rest of my life to prove my love for you, I will do it." I begin to tell her as I touch my forehead against hers and we both close our eyes.

I hear her sniffle and then touch my hands with hers and has us both looking into each other's eyes.

"I do love you. I never stopped. But you really have to leave. Ezekiel will be home soon and he knows about us and will tell my family who will..." She stops as I notice her crying a little more. "They will kill all of you. And I'd rather they continue to hurt me than you, Delanee, Neil and the rest of your pack." She cries even more.

"They won't. Sundaye, I'm not leaving here without you. That is why I am even here.  I have come here for you. Please trust me, I can get you out of here and keep you safe."

She begins to cry even more and closes her eyes as she tilts her head down.

I lift her chin up to have her look at me again.

"You promise they won't get me?" She cries.

"I promise." I assure her.

She then wipes the tears from her face.

"Okay then." She sniffles. "How do we do it?" She asks.

"After you serve the dinner." I tell her.

She looks at me confused.

"Why?" She asks. "Why not now?" She asks.

"Because I have a plan. Just please trust me. And when I tell you to look away, I want you to look away." I tell her as I look intently into her eyes.

"Okay. I trust you." She tells me.

We both then share a passionate kiss before I head back in the room and we all get ready to eat.

This will be one of the most interesting and best dinners ever.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :);)