Chapter 56: Scared of Lonely

Start from the beginning

His face fell. "Don't bring any of that into this."

"What, it's the truth." I said. "No matter what Joh' Vonnie is still apart of your family."

He rolled his eyes to the ceiling.

"No baby, listen to me. You shouldn't torture child because of the mistake Joseph made. She doesn't deserve that. She wasn't the the one started the problem. She was was the outcome of the problem."

"You are such a..." He shook his head and lightly laugh at me.

"A what? A hypocrite?" I laughed. " Yeah, I have the answers to every bodies problems, but I can't deal with my own. I already know."

He reached out and pulled me into arms. "Yes, I've noticed." He slowly pressed his lips upon my skin causing the hair on my neck to stand in his presence. " But what does your sister have to do with you cryin like that?"

My face became ashen as my Leena's words came flooding into my memory. I felt my heart ache. " Oh..." was all I could think to say.

" Dimps, I'm just gonna keep buggin' ya."

"Yeah, I know. That's what annoys me about you."

"Do you want to get tickled?" It came out more like a threat than a question.

My head shot back, my eyes widening as if I had seen a ghost. " No, I will hurt you!"

"You ain't gone do nothin." He rolled his eyes as he spoke. " Liyah, why do you have to make things harder than it has to be? Just tell me."

"Let's just say....Leena said some-"

"Don't cuss." he said abruptly, cutting me off.

I shot a look at him. " Do you wanna know, or not!" I snapped.

"Yes,"

"Then shut up!" I told him.

He held his hands up. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry, gosh!"

I sucked my teeth and began playing with the ends of my hair." Okay, as I sayin: Leena said some messed up crap to me today about how I never gave Danielle a chance and that the reason why she's dead is because she wore herself out trying to show me that she could be a better mother. And then she went has far as to say that I was the reason why she left and went back to New York, because she felt as though I didn't except her, and on top of that....she called me a selfish bitch who only cared about....myself and all of my emotions." I felt my eyes stinging with tears as I told him everything. " I felt like my heart was being literally ripped out of my chest, Michael. I mean, you don't honestly think I was the reason why she left. I wasn't the reason why she died.... right?"

He stared at me, his mouth slightly moving while he tried to search for the right thing to say. Eventually he just gave up on it and just pulled me back into his arms. " I honestly don't know what..... I should say about that, Li. I'm sorry."

I wiped away there tears that had fallen on my cheeks. " Do you think I killed her?" Hoping that rephrasing my question would help.

" No."

"How do you know?"

"Liyah, the answer to that question is in what you just told me. She didn't leave because you made her, she left because if Alana. She obviously knew she was gonna die and wanted to meet Alana so that she could know who she was before she died. Leena was just speaking out of anger, baby girl. I don't think she meant what she said."