35

NARUTO'S POV
Sai, Michiko, Sakura, and I all decided to hang out before I went off on my mission and we went to Ichiraku Ramen. We all talked and laughed together, then when we left, Michiko and Sakura had their own conversation in the front, while Sai and I talked in the back.

"Why don't you just tell her?" Sai asked.

"Huh?"

"Why don't you tell Sakura that you love her?"

"I just can't... It's complicated."

"How?"

"I'm in love with Sakura, but she's in love with Sasuke. But, I have a feeling that Sasuke's in love with Michiko and I'm pretty sure Michiko has no idea." I explained.

"So, maybe if Sasuke admits his love for Michiko, Sakura will get over him."

"How would we get him to do that? Besides, I'm not even completely sure if he's in love with her." I sighed.

"So what makes you think that he is?"

"The way he acted around her. He was always kind, protective, and caring towards her. Also, Michiko doesn't know this but this one time on our way back from a mission, Michiko and Sasuke were walking in the back and I turned around and found Michiko looking at the clouds and Sasuke was looking at her and his smile made me sure that he loves her. Of course when he saw that I caught him, he went back to his usual face. And the last time we saw him, when he tried to kill Sakura, Michiko and I got there just in time and for a split second, his eyes were just like back then when he looked at her as she gazed at the clouds."

"I think everyone should just be honest."

"It's just not that easy, Sai."

We continued to talk, then Sakura left to take care of medical supplies and Michiko hung out with us for a little while longer.

"Michiko, don't you think that Naruto should tell Sakura that he's in love with her?" Sai asked.

"Sai!" I growled.

"I've been telling him the same thing." She bluntly said.

"But... She'd never love me..."

"Because she loves S-"

I quickly covered his mouth since I didn't want Sasuke to be mentioned around Michiko.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing."

"That's total bull. What the fu-"

"Princess." Sai gasped.

"Ugh, sorry! But, Naruto, you're one of my best friends and I don't use that term lightly. I just want to see you happy." She smiled.

"I am happy. See?" I grinned.

"Alright, alright, I believe you." She laughed.

"I think I'm starting to understand what happiness is." Sai said.

"I sure hope so."

We talked a little more as we walked to Tsunade's, then we arrived.

"Well, I gotta go help Tsunade with preparations." She said.

She waved before entering, then I went to pack for my mission and Sai went off too.

SASUKE'S POV
I went to meet with Madara to ask him something concerning the war.

"Sasuke, welcome." He greeted.

"I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"During the war, can you promise me that Michiko will he unharmed?"

"I can't promise that, but I'll try to keep her alive."

"No, I want you to promise that she'll be safe."

"Well, if she's on the frontlines, I can guarantee that she won't be safe. But, I'll promise that her life will be spared and that's the best that you'll get."

"Fine."

"What is it with you and this girl?"

"I've known her my whole life. She's my link to Itachi as well."

"Alright, she'll be spared."

MICHIKO'S POV
I finished helping Tsunade and when I left, I found Sai.

"Hey, Sai, where's Naruto?"

"He went home."

I talked to Sai for a bit and after he left, I decided to go to Naruto's since I figured that he must be a little lonely. When he opened the door, he was frowning, but instantly perked up when he saw me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He smiled.

"I was hoping we could hang out for a bit." I smiled.

"Sure."

He welcomed me in and we played cards and joked around. I felt so much better as I laughed with him, then he offered me ramen, so we ate.

"So, what made you stop by?" He asked.

"I wanted to check up on you. You know how important family is to me." I smiled.

"Yeah, you and your brothers are close."

"True, but I'm talking about you. Family isn't always blood." I said.

"W-What?"

"You're my family too, Naruto."

He looked at me with wide eyes, then looked down and covered with face with his sleeve.

"Are you okay, Naruto?" I worriedly asked as he began crying.

"I'm sorry. It's just... I remembered that growing up, I never really had a family, but you guys showed up and I figured that this is what it must've been like. Now I realize that you really are my family. You're like the sister I never had."

I smiled, then pulled him into a tight hug, causing him to smile.